Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a t3 super60 turbo installed in my 1996 gsr. I was looking for the tuning system for my car. I am looking to spend around 2,000. i have 12psi now and would like to go to 20 psi.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Wow, 20 PSI...tell us what you have done to your engine...(Besides the turbo, obviously)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eagle rods, machined block, arias pistons, hks blowoff, downgrade to obd1, generic intercooler, turbo timer, and a few other small things. I heard hondata isn't worth the money. The 4b is like 850 dollars, plus at least 4 hours on the dyno. I heard that one of the motec systems is only around 2 g's plus well worth the money. I dont want to rev the car past 5000 rpm's(vtec rpm) until I tune it and get a fuel management system. Any suggestions would really help. I don't really like to trust mechanics. Also I have some jun pistons that should run about 13:1 compression on a gsr. Anyone want to buy? They make 12:1 on a civic. I used to have them in my car, but it didn't work too well on 91 oct. Make an offer. Oh yeah, they have gsr rods.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
i have a friend that has a fully built gsr motor- pushing the same as you 15 psi daily and 20-22 for race--- he uses hondata- cost for system is 599-699 depending on who and where you buy from then a max of 2-3 hr dyno time-- should be less though if you have a good tuner---plus you have to pay for the bong and a wideband O2

good luck

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
20 psi? Thats alot, it would be very wise to install block sleeves. The best sleeves you can get are golden eagle, they reinforce you're cylinder wall as well as normal sleeves, but still allot coolant to flow around the cylinder, preventing detonation (especially in FI applications). just an idea, stock block could be strong enough, but oval cylinders arent any fun!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Anything over 15psi you best RE-SLEEVE ! AEM's EMS would be my first choice these days...Hooks up fast and is easy to tune. And I don't see where you spoke of "Built Internals" even on 12psi !
Yikes !

·
Registered
5 Posts
HoNDATA, HoNDATA, HoNDATA AND HoNDATA..15 psi all day long, easy to use and easier to install....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts