Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket pioneer headunit and i have never had a problem with it until now. Last night i went out and my radio and cd and ipod all work fine. Then later on my way back home, listening to a cd it worked fine but then it seemed to started to skip whenever i went over the slighest bump. It also did that to the radio and my ipod connection. Then going to school this morning, its even worse, it skips all the time now, like you can hear one word then it skips, and it still happens with the radio, a cd, or my ipod. Any help or ideas on what caused this?? or how to fix it

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
sounds like theres a bad connection somewhere and the small bumps are just jarring the connection loose.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Crimmy on Oct/08/07 said:
sounds like theres a bad connection somewhere and the small bumps are just jarring the connection loose.
x2, Check the connections on the back of the headunit. Also could be a speaker lead shorting out (+ touching -).

·
Registered
154 Posts
It has to be a connection problem. I wouldn't put it past a CD player but tuners and iPods dont skip (at least not in a car environment). Double check ALL connnections and try to solder them if you can (butt connectors and electrical tape work well if you're not soldering the connections).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a skipping problem too but mines a little different. I have a sony head unit and all the connections are good but it skips when it gets really hot out and theres not one bump on the road. My guess is its overheating. anyother thoughs?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey u think I can put a cpu fan or somthing on it or get some air flow from the verts to it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.