Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, need some advice for a totally stock 94 GSR. I'm about to do a simple tune-up...plugs, rotor, cap, air filter.

1) Manual says nippendensos or NGK plugs
I found "densos" at Autozone, are these the same?
Is there a big diff between the 2? Densos are 5.99(ea) and NGKs are $18.31(ea), that's a big price difference...are they that much better?

2) Any trick to rotor and cap or do you just take'em off and put 'em back on?

3) Is a K&N air filter that much better than stock? Is it worth 3 times the price?

Thanks in advance for yor help...hope my simple questions haven't interfered too much with this "performance" forum... ;)

-Todd

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
1) I would stick to NGK, they have been proven time and time again to work great

2) No trick, I wrote an article on how to do it. Check it out in the articles section.

3) It might flow alittle better than stock, but your not going to see much performance increase unless you get the larger/smoother intake tubing to go with it. (or the icebox, which will route cold air and remove the restricting resonator)

·
Registered
259 Posts
The denso's at autozone are not platinum. They are copper, that explains the price difference. NGK's are good, but Denso is just as good. I used both and had no problems with them. Make sure they are platinum plugs as your manual states to use them and don't try to Gap platinum plugs either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts