Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found an acura dealer that will install after market parts. does anyone know where i could find them for less? also anyparts that my help perfromance that i should get for tune up? i'm also getting timing belt done.

spark plugs, wires
cap, rotor
timing belt
water pump
and what everelse they will change.

any advice, links, suggestions will be greatly appriciated. thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, here go's this is what i'm looking at for both tune up and timing belt.(priced by acura)

timing belt/waterpump/drivebelts
parts = 169.00
parts/labor = 683.00 tax included

tune up
parts = 175.00
parts/labor = 620.00 tax included

total parts = 344.00
total labor = 959.00 (they better not stop for lunch)
grand total = $1,303

has anyone had there integra serviced?
do these prices look right?

ps. i should have went to lincoln tech trade school!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Oh My F'ing GOD!!!!! that is some high ass prices!
If they are quoting you those prices ask for a detailed cost breakdown line by line including parts labor and consumable items. WAAAAAAAAAAAY too high. by the way they cannot charge tax on labor, just so you know.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
holy s#!t... $1300 for a tune up!... i'm in the wrong business.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these are some part prices:

spark plugs - $15/all 4
distributor cap - $21.45
distributor rotor - $17.83
ignition wires - $62.00
air filter - $32.11
fuel filter - $23.38
water pump - $63.00
timing belt - $51.00
drive belts - 55.00/all 3

thats a total of $340.77

they told me $620 tax included, for 90,000 mile service.
they told me $684 tax included, for timing belt service.
$1304 total

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do the tune up yourself. $450 for labor on a tune up is too much. T-Belt is a little harder, so you might have to let them do it.
--Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
why would you go to dealer for the tuneup in the first place,,if you don't want to do it yourself at least find a good mechanic cause the dealer is gonna charge twice as much...........how many miles you have on your car, if a lot you might want to think about your fluids....transmission,coolant,brake....

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have about 83,000 miles on it, it's running fine, but i know these things will make a difference, i hate to say it but i last changed all my fluids in 96/99. i get my oil changed every 3000 mls or before. and had it cleaned out once or twice.

i see all the articles on how to do this stuff, but i'm no mechanic. i never changed a sparkplug! don't laugh guys
i always watch my brother do this stuff but had no intrest in it. now i do, and my bro has no time to help with his crazy job.

if anyone could recommend a mechanic in the central jersey let me know. also if anyone has experience and is intrested i'll hook you up and give you a hand. better then the dealer getting the doe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts