Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newish member here so apologies if this has been covered. I did quite a bit of search and read in the posts but felt I needed some additional info and opinions.

So son's project car (2000 Integra LS) had serious engine harness issues so he opted to go the route of new harness.
He picked up one that is Civic/Integra B18B compatible that has all the appropriate OBD2 connections but the harness terminates at the ECU into OBD1 connectors.

Car is running the stock ECU (37820-P72-A05 m/t) which is obviously OBD2b. Confirmed ECU plugs directly into the stock ECU connections that are still in place in car.

We feel there are a couple options here...
  • Get some wiring diagrams. De-pin and swap over connections and customize that cable. This is I think is do'able with the right schematics but tbh rather not go this direction as I have no experience de-pinning.
  • Possible pick up an OBD1 to OBD2b swap/adapter harness...not 100% on this so opinions? Any opinions or links would be appreciated.
  • Are there other options I am not listing or thinking of? New to Hondas/Acuras so learning as we go

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jjkz24 - Already have all of option 2 you stated sitting on a workbench. We dont want to run an OBD1 ECU for varying reasons which is why we are returning the car to stock ie OBD2b ECU, etc. He is not building a tuneable build - he is more looking to build out a stock biuld.

As for harness meant for vehicle - See that is the confusing part as the harness is an OBD2 wired harness. All the connections line up with the exception of the ECU connectors. I find it hard to believe that there is no other remedy here other than scrapping the harness to go buy a new one....that just dont sound right considering the varying amount of swap harness's and adapters I see out on the market.

·
Administrator
4,578 Posts
I wasn't suggesting to purchase a conversion harness and an OBD1 ecu for the purpose of tuning. I was suggesting for the purpose of a cheaper and easier solution.

I'm not quite too sure what other alternative you may be looking for, other than to de-pin every wire at the end of your ECU connectors and install new OBD2 connectors on the ECU end of the harness. This of course runs with the possibility of risk of reliability down the road, along with the risk of troubleshooting your work if something happens that you're throwing a code, engine isn't starting and/or operating correctly.

You obviously have an OBD1 harness, which is not meant for the vehicle. Your options are limited.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Although I'm relatively new, as well, I would have thought that purchasing an OBD1-to-OBD2b conversion harness (if they make one) would be the least expensive and less-of-a-hassle option here. jjkz24 DOES make a very valid point, in regards to potential troubleshooting woes - if it came down to it. But if you guys are just looking to get it all running, I'd likely look into that (again, if that's something they even make).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts