Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait ......the new 2004 Acura TSX-S (GSR sedan)

It will base on 2003 European Accord, i-Vtec 2.4 @ > 200 hp & 6 speeds MT........ "WoW" ...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Louse76 on Sep/21/02 said:
any idea on what MSRP will be?
i heard from somewhere that is was gonna be around $27,000... or similar to the price of a RSX type-s

·
Registered
270 Posts
guess what guys..thats just the euro/jdm accord, honda is just gonna rebadge it to be an acura for american market... me like also :D
cant wait til it comes out..maybe i'll get one too and jdm it with accord emblems

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
according to my informants...honda has made a plan in the future...the plan is for acura to make all of the cars and honda shall make the suv's and trucks...this would be the reason for the movement of more cars toward acura and the increase in honda's suv line...acura already has a replica for the civic which is available in canada and other countries, i believe it is called the AL, same engine but different body styling...they speculate that the s2000 will be the next move to the acura line but it will have a different name but same basic design...you may see the accord also turn to acura and the mdx go to the honda line and honda's new suv coming out next spring will boost there suv line...the tsx shows that the accord has slightly shifted badges from honda to acura, honda does not want to make the move that obvious so they gave the US market the euro style accord body styling and chassis but with the rsx type s engine...expect the changes in models to be done over a couple years.

·
Registered
270 Posts
NOOOO NOOO the honda civic equavilant for acura is called a EL ..just wanted to correct u...dang thats gonna be quite weird thats all the honda's we've grown to love are gonna be named acura.....btw are there any pics of the tsx interior...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
very funny avatar, MorningZ...lol

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
well i was close, i've only seen one EL i forgot what it was called and i got it wrong and i was corrected, but yes it will be weird...originally the plan was going to make acura the luxury line just as lexus is to toyota but i guess that plan got thrown out the window and a new plan came into play.

·
Registered
607 Posts
lenguaso on Sep/22/02 said:
Isn't Honda releasing a new Accord in the states for the 2003 year?
Yes, they are. The tricky part here is that the new "TSX" is the "European" version of the Accord. North America is the only place where the big Accords you see every day are available. Thats right; There is something we have in the USDM that others do not, unfortunantly it is underrated compared to the Euro spec Accord, and Accord Type R.

Now Acura is going to import the all new Euro spec Accord, and rebadge it an Acura, with the name "TSX". The idea is that the new TSX will replace the old Integra 4-door.

My Wifes 99 Accord is up for lease return in April, and I am very seriously considering a TSX as its replacement. (I gotta drive one first)

As for the whole deal about Honda becoming a truck company... Dude, where do you get your info? They say never say never... I'M SAYIN NEVER!
No way would Honda abandon using it's brand image to sell the one product that it builds better then anyone else. Even with the wildly popular Honda Odyssey Mini-Van, and the now back ordered for two weeks Pilot SUV, Honda still makes the bulk of its profit on the Civic, and Accord. No way they would ever abandon that market. To do so would be stupid, and as we all know: The folks at Honda aren't stupid.

Phil

1 - 20 of 58 Posts