Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as the title says, I got a new Integra this week.
I love these cars so much this makes my fourth one!
My very first car was a 1987 Integra RS, then I got my 1995 GSR and here I am 9 years of integras later and I picked up a 2006 RSX Type S the other day. The BOM died an early death on Christmas Eve 2009, and was replaced by an NBP 2006 RSX Type S. Hopefully this one last longer than a year.

My first integra had atleast 200K miles on it, we never really knew how many because the odometer had been rolled back several times lol, my GSR started with 78K and died an early death with only 146K on her, my BOM born at 44K and died at 65xxx, now my new integra is starting its life with 34K. I forsee many happy years with this car to come!

Now enough babbling and onto the pics.....BTW the color is Burnt Orange Metalic, normally I wouldnt go for a bright color like this, but it just looked to cool! I need to get a real detail done, the dealership had a newb detail it and its got some minor swirl marks.

The pictures were taken with the camera on my Samsung Rant, Ill get better ones later.

VTAK!!!

8K FTW!!!

44K and 160 MPH!!! Gotta love that 6th gear!

The only thing I gotta get used to with this car is the shifting, its got a cable shifter as opposed the G3's direct shifting mechanisms, it makes for a really strange feel the first time you drive it.

No interior shots really, its got black interior, and the only blemishs is a few spots due to poor cleaning on the rear leather seats and the vinal on the shift boot peeling off, supposidly the dealer will replace the shift boot under warranty, which its still got 6K or 2 years left of.

And incase you missed why I have a new car, Check out how the GSR died... Warning: Graphic Pictures Ahead

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Very nice Greg! As you said, that color is amazing! I hope you have this one for a great many years with no couches in your forseeable future
Oh well...Glad to see you're getting better and if I do say so myself, those are some pretty amazing pictures for a camera phone!
M

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice pick up man. Im planning on getting an rsx-s myself in the summer.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sgtmillhouse648 on Dec/13/08 said:
if I do say so myself, those are some pretty amazing pictures for a camera phone!
M
I agree, when i saw them on the phone while taking them I thought they would suck really bad, but once I got them uploaded to my comp I was really suprised how nice they turned out. The camera on the phone is a 2.0 Megapixel.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
roadscum on Dec/13/08 said:
How much did you pick it up for?
around 15K, First time Ive had a car payment, its not a big one, a little less than 300 a month, but Ill have her paid off in 4 years.

I forgot to mention, it still has its stock michilin tires on it, which SUCK imo. But i stopped by discount tire yesterday and got them to order me a set of Kuhmo SPT's, i had them on my GSR and loved them. But man tires for 17 inch wheels cost a bit more than 15s lol.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
That's an awesome color... I'm glad you got another 'Teg. Wouldn't expect any less from ya!

·
Registered
623 Posts
sweet, i saw the post b4 about your accident. hope your feelin better. i really like the color. now its time to slam that *****! lol

·
Registered
401 Posts
Very nice man. Its good to see when someone turns a really bad situation into a really good situation. Congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
tsugsr on Dec/13/08 said:
Quote: roadscum on Dec/13/08How much did you pick it up for?

around 15K, First time Ive had a car payment, its not a big one, a little less than 300 a month, but Ill have her paid off in 4 years.

I forgot to mention, it still has its stock michilin tires on it, which SUCK imo. But i stopped by discount tire yesterday and got them to order me a set of Kuhmo SPT's, i had them on my GSR and loved them. But man tires for 17 inch wheels cost a bit more than 15s lol.
The OEM Michelin MXM4 is not a performance tire. It is a ride comfort/noise control tire. Acura was trying to soften up the car by using that particular Michelin tire.

I'd reccomend another Michelin tire over any Kumho, but if you like them....more power to you. I think Pilot Sports would really work wonders on that stock 17" rim. My buddy replaced is Yokohama Advans on his Evo IX w/the Pilot Sports and can't speak enough about them.

Anyways, she looks good. Keep it clean.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TEGGSRB18C1 on Dec/13/08 said:
I'd reccomend another Michelin tire over any Kumho, but if you like them....more power to you.
At almost 200 bucks a tire for michelins vs the 108 bucks Ill be paying for the kuhmos, Ill stick with the kumhos lol.

·
Registered
937 Posts
i've got a set of kumho's and they're great tires for the price...

that color is amazing. in light, it just blows me away every time. congratulations on the new purchase.

i hope the recovery is going well after the accident.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
YEEEeeee

DC5 hella clean. Gracias a dios you found a new ride. I've always had mixed feelings about that color but something tells me it'll look much different in the end. I say put on FULL suspension and call it a day. Tires, wheels, struts, (coilover) springs, rear anti-roll bar. Definitely the best $2,000 you could spend on the car, imho. =)

only thing that sucks is that you can only lower your car marginally before the suspension geometry is messed up. Oh well, just lower it an 1" or so and put some nice 17s on. Flat black with some orange center caps or lugs would look awesome. =D

You have endless possibilities with that chassis so right on, man. I love the new car!

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
talk about an upgrade for sure! im super jealous nice car.

my friend picked up an 05 S and i really like how it shifts compared to my gsr.

its so much more... direct, and easy. by far one of the smoothest trannies ive gotten to use other than the s2000 tranny.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
nice find!

Put the Type R stuff, or the honda badges on it.

Good luck man

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
very nice.. sweet color too.. GL with it.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts