Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
All thread would not work as well as regular grade 5 bolts. With the length of bolt you'd need to thread into the block and still hang out 2-3 inches, it will be unthreaded and smooth...thus the trans slides on way easier.

Justin, you really should just quit messing with anything else and use the bolt method. Verify clutch disc alignment and that its not bent, then go for it. I've lifted transmissions up to the guide pins from above myself, then slid it on when the splines meshed. One man job.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well well I managed to strong arm the tranny and install it by myself!!!
I just lined the tranny up from underneath the car and just lyed across the motor and picked it up and installed it by myself!
Got everything all buttoned up and I'll start it up tomorrow

·
Registered
832 Posts
Good job! Thats how I do mine, strong arm it. The bigger ones I use a jack and some tiedown straps, but just to get it up there, then strong arm the beast.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
this isnt me in the picture, but i was on top of the engine just like this

but it was just me doing this all by my lonesome lol. i was so badass how it happen

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Congrats on finally getting the damn thing back in. Out of curiosity though, do you have your jack stands on the front tow hooks?
My floor jacks are located at the jackpoint which is behind the fender

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yea I always use a cinder block with a piece of wood to totally level out the motor, then i use my floor jack to move the trans in place and jack it up near the motor.
then just lift it into place with some leather gloves on. Once the shaft is in I always just use the bolts to slowly line it all up and mate the trans and motor.
Deff way harder the first time you do it but gets a bit easier every time.

·
Super Moderator
7,789 Posts
I always use a jack with a piece of wood on it. That way I can roll it into place and even have it help me lift it. Once I get it close, I start the push and wiggle... lol

21 - 29 of 29 Posts