Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am going to be doing a K20A Type-R swap on a 4dr DC2. But I wanted to try a RWD setup using a Nissan Silvia tranny. Would this work, if not what route should I take to keep the same idea?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Doesnt sound like it would work (Nissan tranny + Honda motor = uhm) and if you had a 4 door dc2 well... they dont exist. if you have a 4 door gs-r then its a db8. welcome to the site hit up our article section for some basics first.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
if your going to try anything. Us the F motor(S2000). It's allready got better power/torque than the K motor. Plus you can get it with a RWD tranny.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
lol, do u know how a silvia tranny connects to a sr20? and how it sits in the engine bay?

im also hoping u have about 20 grand to throw at this idea, no matter what motor and tranny u try to do it with...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the deal, a few people around here were talking about doing some crazy different stuff and i just did the same. I hadn't thought of doing a F20C swap, I think thats exactly what I'm looking for. And fortunately I do have the money to do this work most of it being done myself. I meant to put 4dr "or" dc2. sorry for confusion

·
Registered
637 Posts
khris198 on Feb/06/06 said:
Here's the deal, a few people around here were talking about doing some crazy different stuff and i just did the same. I hadn't thought of doing a F20C swap, I think thats exactly what I'm looking for. And fortunately I do have the money to do this work most of it being done myself. I meant to put 4dr "or" dc2. sorry for confusion
Whoa big baller! anyways, I would say go with a K series, from what I can see with s2000 owners vs RSX owners is the K series is much more responsive to mods than an f20.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
abcsr2ez4me on Feb/06/06 said:
Quote: khris198 on Feb/06/06Here's the deal, a few people around here were talking about doing some crazy different stuff and i just did the same. I hadn't thought of doing a F20C swap, I think thats exactly what I'm looking for. And fortunately I do have the money to do this work most of it being done myself. I meant to put 4dr "or" dc2. sorry for confusion

Whoa big baller! anyways, I would say go with a K series, from what I can see with s2000 owners vs RSX owners is the K series is much more responsive to mods than an f20.
They are very similiar motors. There has been talk of swapping parts between the 2 motors actually.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
With unlimited money, anything is possible.

What you are asking is for help with something that has never been done before. This is an integra board, not a silvia/integra board or any hybrid.

No one (in my knowledge) has ever fabricated a RWD K series. With that, you are on your own. I cant understand how spending $20,000 fabbing up a RWD k is worth it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.