Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the ****ty pics and vid

so im trying to hook up my acc to my alarm, they have three wires coming out of them, a black(ground) red(power) and blue(signal) as far as i know. so i wire the powers to a constant, i ground it, and then wire the two signal ones to the accessory input with a diode on each one. but i cant get them to set the alarm off.

i know they work, my break glass flashes red fast when i ting metal together near it. i just cant get them to set it off?

Vid of me setting it off

this is my wiring

this is where i got it, where the SRS module use to be.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Just a guess: you have the diodes connected backwards.... the black band should be on the side of the sensor, not from the alarm

and to verify the glass break sensor works, have you simply tried to hook it up to the alarm directly without having the other sensor piggy backed on it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought of that, and ill check the direction of the diode. and i have not checked the sensor by itself, but i did check the tilt sensor by itself and still nothing, even without the diode in place i got nothing.

is there always three wires from option sensors?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought them at radioshack, they have one strip, and the pack said diode. ill go back, and see if thats right. also that would be really stupid if i put resistors in there...lol, but it would be my first time using a diode on a project.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
They look pink. If they are pinkish, they are Zener Diodes, which is closer to a resistor I believe and something different and not what you need. Actually, I am not even sure why you need the diodes at all, but I guess it couldnt hurt. The Diodes you need will be black, and slightly bigger than those.

And yes, most accessories are 3 wire, sometimse there will be a 4th wire, whcih could be for a warning stage or something.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, yeah i think they are red. ill go to radioshack today and find the right diodes. thanks for the help.

also i was told by compustar to use diodes for this beacuse i have 2 sensors on one line, and thats how their installers do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.