Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering getting some Potenza S-03 Pole Positions for my teg ('97 GSR). What kind of tread life can I expect from them? I don't go auto-x or anything like that. This is my daily driver. I do drive aggressively though. How many miles can I expect from them? Anyone with experience with these tires feel free to give me some input! Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone here have the S-03's? What do you think of them?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love them. I have only used them on the track though. Not the best for treadlife. Bridgestone rates them to 220, but I'd say they are more like 200. Hope you like, you'll enjoy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Amazing tire thats well worth the price. Ive use them both at the track and on the street. Ive put 3kmi on mine, rotated fronts to back and they still had about 80% tread left on the fronts. I would expect 20-25 kmi from them.....of course this could vary greatly depending on driving habits, alignment and how often you rotate them. Dont cheat yourself buy geting a cheaper tire, I had the ecsta supra 712's because everyone raved how great a deal they were, it was all hype..... just people not wanting to fork over more $$ for a far superior tire

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
stuff3232 - You do know that the S-03's require at least a 7 inch wide rim right? I too would love to run a set of these tires, but it just wouldn't be smart to put them on a set of stock rims. (I'm thinking of getting a set of the Dunlop SP Sport 9000's for now, since they are offered in the 195/55/15 size. If I ever break down and get new rims though, you better believe I'll be running S-03's all around!)

The Dunlops aren't quite as good as the Bridgestone's, but at least they are the right size for the rim.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was talking to someone at a tire shop and they said that putting the S-03's wouldn't be a problem for my stock rims. Was he wrong in saying this? Does anyone else have stock rims with the S-03's?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Strider7slvrGSR on Sep/04/02 said:
stuff3232 - You do know that the S-03's require at least a 7 inch wide rim right? I too would love to run a set of these tires, but it just wouldn't be smart to put them on a set of stock rims.
While a 7 inch wide rim would be optimal for a 205/50 tire it is not required. Check out the tirerack.com, they list anywhere form 5.5 -7.5 as an acceptable rim width for the 205/50/15 potenza s-03. If you are that worried about the rim width get the 195/50/15. It will have a smaller overall diameter......but the upside is it will give you shorter gearing

·
Registered
711 Posts
tHE ARE THE BEST TIRE oN THE ROAD RIGHT NOW, BUT DoN'T EXPECT THEM TO LAST FOR MORE THAN 30,000 KM'S. mY BUDDY HAS THEM oN HIS 93 GS-R AND THEY ARE AMAZING! LOT'S OF $$$$$$$ THOUGH!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yeah the S-O3's are pretty wide, some shops don't even have the equipment to fit the 205 series S-O3 on a 6" wheel so make sure the shop can do it for you. The 205 series S-O3 is about as wide as a regular 215 series tire.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Quick Question - I have the stock 98 GSR (blades, if you will) and I was seriously considering the Bridgestone Potenza S-03's in the 205/50/15 trim. After reading the other replies above, I wasn't able to conclude if they would fit on my stock rims. I read all the reviews on www.tirerack.com for this specific tire and they were all raving about it. I'm sure they had them wrapped around their stock rims but I think someone above said that there would be a problem. Can someone shed some light? Thanks!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts