Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so i have a 2001 Acura Integra GSR with a y80 transmission. So long story short.... I was sitting on my driveway in my Integra. Started it and was monitoring my wideband for a couple minutes and and dropped the clutch (not thinking) while the car was in reverse. I heard a loud bang from the driver side and instantly pushed the clutch in. To my surprise the car didnt stall and i just thought my dumbass saved it (from stalling). About half hour later i go to back the car into the garage and the car isnt moving while in gear. The car definitely is going into gear because it sounds identical to when you would shift the car when the engine is not running.

So while the car is running i can put it into any gear without the clutch as well. When i put it into any gear using the clutch and slowly disengaging it i can hear a slight noise almost like the sound of a well greased bearing starting to increase rpm.

I thought i might as well check the Cv axles and both rotate just fine as one piece. I also went ahead and checked the throw out arm and it still seems to pivot and move fine.
At this point i am not sure where to start. Transmissions are not my forte so this sucks but is a good time for me to learn some new stuff.

Any help is appreciated! if anyone needs more info about anything, by all means just ask!

Thank you, Jacob
Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
it sounds like time to put it on jacks and pull the tranny out. You might have damaged internal parts on the tranny.

dropped the clutch (not thinking) while the car was in reverse - " do you rem the RPM range you rev to befor you dumped the Clutch "

while the car is running i can put it into any gear without the clutch as well. - " shouldnt be able to do this unles the car is in motion and u rev match to shift gears which is a very hard and dangerous thing to do to a tranny "

When i put it into any gear using the clutch and slowly disengaging it i can hear a slight noise almost like the sound of a well greased bearing starting to increase rpm. -" sounds like something broke or bent inside such as the forks that motion the gear selection (dont have my book with me for correct name ) Y80 selection arm for parts 33,34,35 or main bearing on the left of the picture Y80 pic is damaged and wont engage the gear selection might have been effected this is why you can put into gear while car is runing which you shouldnt be able to \

just start of ideas

1 - 2 of 2 Posts