Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 Acura Integr GS in an automatic and the speedometer never works, and it also throws a check engine light. I went to autozone to get the check engine light checked and sure enough it was giving me a code for a transmission speed sensor. Note that the car does like to jerk/hesitate whenever it goes up a gear and the odometer does not work either. I went ahead and bought the speed sensor from Auto zone just to find out that the speed sensor I pulled from my car was not the same speed sensor I bought from autozone, in fact, the speed sensor i pulled from my car looked like the speed sensor that the manual integras use even tho my integra is automatic? I checked a 1996 speed sensor and 1998 speed sensor for an automatic Intra because in 1998 the integra went through some changes but still got the wrong speed sensor that wasnt in my car, really irritated and just want my speedo to work again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah its wtf do I do? Cant get the right speed sensor, and at this point I might just revert to taking it to my mechanic but really wanted this to be an at home fix.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dam I didnt know how helpful you guys can be, my integra now runs perfectly with no issues thanks to you guys, (sarcasm btw since some people cant read sarcasm)
lol you mentioned everything I would have told you to do, so....... You don't seem like a dummy, glad you got it running.

·
Administrator
3,940 Posts
Did your transmission originally have an incorrect speed sensor installed, causing the speedometer not to work? Have you attempted to install the version you got from AutoZone?
Dam I didnt know how helpful you guys can be, my integra now runs perfectly with no issues thanks to you guys, (sarcasm btw since some people cant read sarcasm)
With the basic information that you gave within your first post, how to you expect a quality response? (not sarcasm)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did your transmission originally have an incorrect speed sensor installed, causing the speedometer not to work? Have you attempted to install the version you got from AutoZone?

With the basic information that you gave within your first post, how to you expect a quality response? (not sarcasm)
Yeah the one from autozone doesnt fit at all, I compared the old sensor that I took out of my car to the speed sensor they have at autozone for the manual integras and they look the same, but my car isn't manual it's an automatic, might sound dumb but I get a feeling my car use to be manual maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the one from autozone doesnt fit at all, I compared the old sensor that I took out of my car to the speed sensor they have at autozone for the manual integras and they look the same, but my car isn't manual it's an automatic, might sound dumb but I get a feeling my car use to be manual maybe?
It can only fit the speed sensor for the manual transmission, the automatic transmission speed sensor doesnt fit at all, I didnt wanna try putting in the manual transmission speed sensor incase it messes something up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts