Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had just recently bought a transmission and i have run into a real big problem its trash it doesnt want to change gears unless im stopped i can put it in 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th when im stopped but it dont move no matter wut i do unless i leave it in neutral. when i start it up and takn my foot off the clutch when the shifter is in neutral the car still moves. i had drained the tranny fluid and it came out real milky like the tranny was found in a lake or something can somebody help me or give me some opions

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If the shifter is in neutral and you have your foot on the brake, will it stall the car? I don't understand how it can move with the shifter in neutral. Maybe there is a problem in the shift linkage and you're thinking it's in neutral when it is not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thrasher865 on Oct/08/07 said:
If the shifter is in neutral and you have your foot on the brake, will it stall the car? I don't understand how it can move with the shifter in neutral. Maybe there is a problem in the shift linkage and you're thinking it's in neutral when it is not.
yes it will stall i dont think its a linkage problem the shifter moves around like its goin in gear but it just dont go go in gear like its supposed to

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
alright, time for a diagnosis...

you said the car still moves with the shifter in neutral and your foot off of the pedal. I agree with Zach in that this sounds like a linkage or shift fork issue. If you were really out of gear, the car would not move when you let the clutch out.

Do you hear any grinding noises when you let the clutch out in neutral?

Does the clutch "slip" when you attempt to drive it in neutral or is it not enough to move the car a considerable distance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the tranny would go into 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th but it wont move and theyre are no noises no slipping it feels good in first it just dont change. but i attempted to take apart the tranny today and a bunch of metal fell out really big pieces too and alot of little pieces im still in the process of taking everything apart it just seems hopeless just need to find out wuts really wrong and if it would be worth rebuilding

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Big pieces falling out of the tranny is seriously bad. Hopefully it's only the synchros.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.