Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I needed a new clutch and had an engine leak (or probably a handful of them), so I just installed a new clutch and flywheel, new oil pan gasket, changed the oil on the transmission and installed a new rear main seal. I put the car back together and after a few weeks of driving it, I noticed that there is still an oil leak. Oil can be seen driping very slowly from the "flywheel cover" area, the car also smells like burned oil after a while.

At first I though it is the rear main seal (meaning I did not install it correctly). However, the engine is not losing oil at all, so I think that rules that out. So, now I am thinking it is a transmission leak. I looked at this diagram and I am thinking maybe the leak is coming from the #19 seal shown there? I am assuming the #19 seal is on the side of the transmission housing that is facing the flywheel...

Anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this (meaning figure out the real culprit, not fix it) without having to take off the transmission? I really don't want to do that yet.... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh... Forgot to mention that when the transmission was off the car, I saw a lot of oil/grime in the transmission cavity that faces the flywheel, but I thought it was because of a rear main seal leak, so I did not bother to check the transmission seals at the time! Bad move... :-(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts