Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2000 Integra LS that I just bought used with about 165k miles on it. Ive read thread after thread trying to figure out if I should change the fluid at this point, but im guessing it should be more case by case, so here's my case.

One day after hard driving, noticed that the transmission fluid was a bit foamy and I think a bit high (should it be right on the cross-hatched marks, because right now it is above that mark). The fluid also smells like a hint of burnt rubber (didn't smell like that when I first got the car a few weeks ago), so im assuming that I shouldn't touch it, and almost every transmission shop is telling me not to change it, but a lot of videos and forum posts say otherwise. I know that it was changed within the last 3 years according to the previous owner, so it is a bit above maintenance schedule, but would rather change it if it will prevent me going to the transmission shop for a good while (but at the same time if I change it I might have to go to the transmission shop!?!?!?). What should I do???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts