Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, whats goin on. I have have an auto teg (booooooooooo!!!!) yes i know its auto... oh well... I just recently scheduled my car to get checked out by acura for this week, and I wanted them to look over my trans to see if there is anything wrong with it.

My trans feels like it slips sometimes I think and my dad seems to think that it does also. I've noticed that my car shifts hard or jerky when I just start up the car which I believe is normal. Another thing that I've noticed is that my car stays in the same gear for some time and then after switches also noticed when cold and sometimes in normal operating temperature. I don't know if thats normal but I do have an exhaust with custom bent b-pipe, headers, and a cai. I don't have anything else performance wise.

I was wondering if its nothing and that I have nothing to worry about. If so let me know.

Also when are you supposed to change your trans fuild? I haven't changed mine yet and I have about 45,000 miles. Well any feedback would be appreicated. thanx.

joe

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Tranny fluid should be changed at 30k.

I believe with the auto tranny you need to actually get the fluid flushed out to do a complete change or you'll leave a percentage of contaminated fluid in the tranny.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I believe its every 30,000 miles is when u should change your transmission fluid. my automatic does that shifting hard thing when its cold too.. and it jersk back sorta hard in reverse when its cold also.. and thats normal but that other stuff doesnt sound very normal at all

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
yes its normal for the car to wait longer for the upshift when cold. Its the cars way of warming up faster due to staying in the higher revs longer, same thing with the harder and "jerky" shifts before warmed up.
normal

·
Registered
910 Posts
vietsociety408 on Sep/18/02 said:
where is tha transmission fluid located in tha car???
i guess you're looking for an answer other than in the transmission...the drain and fill plugs are behind the front passenger tire.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys I have an update on my trans...

First I give acura my car for the day and they said they should have it ready for me by the end of the day. Luckily I didn't need a loaner car and I have my mom's car. The service guy told me he would hook something up with my warranty and I wouldn't have to pay anything. He said he'd call me to let me know if I was going to be charged for anything. So what happens? Well I didn't get a call back for 2 days. I called them and they said that they flushed my trans and put new fluid in it but they said that there is something in my trans that they are not sure of. They said they are on tech support and finding out what it is and they would call me asap. Well 4 days now and no teg.
I miss my teg.

What do you think I could have in my trans? any feedback would be appreciated thanx.

joe

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
honestly it sounds normal. The auto is just wierd like that. Its the gearing. It happens when you just slowed down but didnt stop and then got back on the gas right?

what happens is it automaticly shifts down into second to get going again but when it gets to 2nd its already run out of gear so it up shifts to 3rd right away, which kind of feels like its slipping. since it goes from 4th to 2nd then to 3rd all in a small amount of time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Integra99Blue on Sep/23/02 said:
I called them and they said that they flushed my trans and put new fluid in it but they said that there is something in my trans that they are not sure of. They said they are on tech support and finding out what it is and they would call me asap.

What do you think I could have in my trans? any feedback would be appreciated thanx.

joe
what could that something be in my trans??

ttt

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
I must not be understanding the problem very well then. o-well let us know what they find.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok here is Update #2

I called acura this morning to see what is going on with my car and they told me that the person working on my car is at lunch, so they want me to call back later, but the person noted that they have parts ordered for my trans. Dam???? was it that serious that they had to replace stuff on my car? well any case good thing i got it done right now instead of when my car is out of warranty. I suggest any tegs to get there trans checked out by acura asap if you are still under warranty. I will let u guys know later today what is going on with my car.

joe

1 - 14 of 14 Posts