Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking to save chipped S200 tune to bin file and then transfer that to S300 system.

Obviously I will need a chip burner/reader for this but what software would I use to extract the tune and how difficult is it to transfer the S200 data into S300 system so the car does not have to be re-tuned?

I have spoken to several Hondata dealers and they claim the car has to be re-tuned and the s200 tune cannot be transferred to S300.

Has anyone done this ?

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
You would do this with the SManager software for the S300.

You either get the tune file from your tuner, or get an eeprom reader to read the file out of the chip. The reader should save the file as a .bin file. From there, simply open up the .bin file within SManager.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wont the bin file appear as just a bunch of gibberish binary code though?

Will SManager convert the bin file into a usable code that can be flashed? Isn't there a difference between the S200 and S300 formats that must be changed to make it correct

THanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Will SManager convert the bin file into a usable code that can be flashed? Isn't there a difference between the S200 and S300 formats that must be changed to make it correct?

THanks

·
Registered
74 Posts

Will SManager convert the bin file into a usable code that can be flashed? Isn't there a difference between the S200 and S300 formats that must be changed to make it correct

THanks
There is a chance the format might be different and of course you can't read the bin file, but you shouldn't need to. It's interpreted by the hondata and it reads it, since it's computer code. I'm not familiar enough with the upgrade, so I couldn't tell you how to update. BUT I do know Hondata has a forum and could probably help you a lot more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what my eprom reader let me save in a file. Does anyone know where the fuel or sprak tables begin in the below code? Its a tuned chip out of S200 unit.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
This is what my eprom reader let me save in a file. Does anyone know where the fuel or sprak tables begin in the below code? Its a tuned chip out of S200 unit.

Thanks
The entire file needs uploaded, not just the fuel & ignition tables. There's a lot more within your specific tune than just tables. If you're having difficulty uploading your extracted file into the SManager of Hondata, than you may want to create a thread on Hondata's forums, or better yet, search for existing thread (which I'm sure one exists) for what you're attempting to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have already done that they say you need RomEditor which isn't availlable anymore and then transfer it from there into SManager. I'm trying to figure out where the fuel tables start in the binary code I have that way I can figure out where the other ignition tables are once I have a starting point.
It is an S200 tune I read off the chip, but its in binary form and I want to load it into SManager S300 so don't have to mess with retuning it.
Its hard to believe no one knows how to decipher the binary code from a S200 tune.

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
Its hard to believe no one knows how to decipher the binary code from a S200 tune.
Why would anyone know about binary code, or where Hondata has that specific information within it? This statement alone comes across as negative. Do you have an opportunity to research yourself with Hondata about deciphering binary code? If you believe that this information should be more forthcoming, then take some accountability of figuring it out yourself.

Or, buy an S300 (if you haven't done so already), and go get it tuned again. Problem solved - Seems pretty simple.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jjkz24 if you are going to reply please be constructive about it. Nothing you are telling me helps and as an administrator I'm surprised you are not more interested in the actual question instead of just making a blanket suggestion that I already know.

Why would anyone know about binary code, or where Hondata has that specific information within it? This statement alone comes across as negative. Do you have an opportunity to research yourself with Hondata about deciphering binary code? If you believe that this information should be more forthcoming, then take some accountability of figuring it out yourself.

Or, buy an S300 (if you haven't done so already), and go get it tuned again. Problem solved - Seems pretty simple.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will just assume you dont know how or how the fuel table starts in the binary

Thanks

jjkz24 if you are going to reply please be constructive about it. Nothing you are telling me helps and as an administrator I'm surprised you are not more interested in the actual question instead of just making a blanket suggestion that I already know.

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
"Its hard to believe no one knows how to decipher the binary code from a S200 tune."
jjkz24 if you are going to reply please be constructive about it.
I'm sorry, how is the above constructive from you?

I will just assume you dont know how or how the fuel table starts in the binary
"Why would anyone know about binary code, or where Hondata has that specific information within it? "

I believe this statement from me confirms that I don't, and most (if not all) don't either. You need to be posting within Hondata's forum, if you haven't done so already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts