Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when iam driving I hear a slight chirp coming from the engine and there is a slight hesitation...this dosent happen all the time but it does happen, i believe it is usally in the higher rpm -3500 - 5000 rpm...does anyone have any ideas ?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Your last post was locked, define chirp? Do you hear the intake whistle? Do you hear a quick screetch as in metal on metal, or rubber on metal(belts)? You have to be a little more specific if you want help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats the problem...it def isnt a intake chirp...its more of a metal on metal or belt chirp...and it causes hesitation in acceleration..

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
from the Gen 3 forum's Common Topics on why i/h/e cars bog.

there's a bird stuck under the hood.

I think more and more people need to start learning what closed loop ECU operation is and what open loop ECU operation is.

More people need to understand what a fuel table program looks like and what input is in these tables and how they control your engine's performance.

if you start reading up on that, then you are miles ahead of the pack.

you begin to see why these "my car has bad mileage since I got i/h/e" threads and "my car has become lean after I added i/h/e and I need to increase fuel delivery with bigger injectors and increase fp." threads are so laughable.

You begin to see WHY your car "bogs".

It all comes back to understanding about the details of tuning which the majority of beginners remain gleefully "in the dark" about.

Now you know why we need to get past talking only about exhausts and how they sound or why cold air intakes are supposedly better.

Now you know why we have "the 1 & only" threads pinned to the top of this forum so that we can move on and actually get past the noobie intake/exhaust navel gaze fetishes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts