Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of searching, I finally bought my first Integra! 1996 RS...5-speed. I got it home fine, started driving it around my neighborhood and the gear box locked up. It wouldn't let me put it in or take it out of gear unless the car was off. This problem goes off and on. It might happen for half an hour and then be fine. I have a feeling that the car was sitting around for a while before I bought it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
might be the clutch...the hydralics might be failing...check that out first.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
or take it OUT of gear? that's strange, b/c i'd expect a lot to be funky if you can jerk it outta gear. you don't even hafta push in the clutch to pull it outta gear. i think it's something more simple, in the linkage or something... might need to be greased up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
the clutch cable got de-adjusted and needs to be re-adjusted i had it lock on me one time in my old integra and it was the clutch cable that got de-adjusted and it took like 5 minutes to re-adjust it. just go down to an auto shop and say that u think ur clutch cable got ge-adjusted and u need it re-adjusted or just explain ur problem and if there smart enough the'll know what it is and its really an easy fix. if u got an manual it would be easy to fix it urself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts