Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got the b18b1 (non-vtec
) my pressure plate is going. what clutch kit would u guys recomend?? i kinda want a stage 1, dont really got many mods on the teg would a stage 1 be over kill?? what would are the advantages of stage 1 over OEM n also if i get the stage 1 would it be necesary for me to get a new flywheel. as always im lookin for the cheapest but not to cheap.

how long would it take me and a buddy (who knows a car top to bottom) to do this if we followed this article by vitamin_d??

Article

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok, I posted and then deleted because I just realized you NEED a new clutch, not want one.

Basically; you're going to replace your clutch and you're going to mod your car; just go for a kevlar clutch. It's a bit expensive, but you'll never need a new one again.

Ever.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i gota Action 1KS clutch. it still has pretty light pedel feel, just a tad stiffer than stock, and the clutch engages real smooth, very similar to stock. so its really easy to drive still and being kevlar it should outlast the life of my car. put just about 1000 miles on it so far and im very happy with it. i bought it from these guys.
action clutches

as for install, id set aside the better part of a day. took us about 10 hours or so total. just using floor jacks and what not. but we did have some air tools so that helped.

·
Registered
92 Posts
StatGSR on Jan/24/06 said:
i gota Action 1KS clutch. it still has pretty light pedel feel, just a tad stiffer than stock, and the clutch engages real smooth, very similar to stock. so its really easy to drive still and being kevlar it should outlast the life of my car. put just about 1000 miles on it so far and im very happy with it. i bought it from these guys.
action clutches

as for install, id set aside the better part of a day. took us about 10 hours or so total. just using floor jacks and what not. but we did have some air tools so that helped.
Holy **** TEN HOURS?!

It took me and my boys 5! (Then again, they're ASC certified...)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy has a lift in his garage it will make it a lil quicker

·
Registered
92 Posts
96integraG3 on Jan/24/06 said:
what r the advatages of the stage 1 clutches?? is it worth the extra money
See, I'm not understanding your question. Advantages when placed against a STOCK? Lasts longer, less chance it's gonna blow.

Advantages against a stage 3? Cheaper.

·
Registered
143 Posts
check out exedy single plate ceramic clutch kits. the kits come with a throwout bearing too. benefits over stock would be higher clamping force, reduced slippage, higher heat capacity in demanding conditions. 1/2 thickness discs will improve your shift time by making it easier for you to shift.

also resurface or replace your flywheel at time of installation, also if your kit lacks a throw out bearing, you should replace that too while your inside.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have a stage 2 clutch, you can really feel the clutch engage on shifts. i blew my throwout bearing like 2 months after i got it. I was so use to driving on stock clutches. now i have a ticking till clutch pressed in sometimes, and a squeal between shifts ;[ so i will definately be spending the extra money this time around for higher quality (kevlar)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
AlMair on Jan/24/06 said:
Holy **** TEN HOURS?!

It took me and my boys 5! (Then again, they're ASC certified...)
haha yea, well we took our friggin time, and only one person really did any work cause he actually knew what he was doing... we had like 3 people. but in the 10 hours it took, only like 12 man hours of work was done... haha... and we had to bleed my clutch for like an hour...

but i didnt care, i got my new clutch, act prolite flywheel and type r tranny in. with only 1000 bux out of pocket for me. im not about to complain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.