Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is how everything went
1. rebuilt my motor and installed a new clutch
2. drove the about 2 mile until it started to overheat due to lack of radiator fluid
3. found out i was leaking tranny fluid i just put in
4. replaced tranny seal and found out i put automatic tranny fluid in my tranny
5. drained the ATF fluid and put in MTF syncromesh to be exact.
6. backed car out of my garage and put it in first gear
7. moved like 1-2 feet and the car stopped moving, it made a pop sound as if something came out of place. no fluid on the ground, the engine was running fine still and i had no chattering sound
8. i dropped the tranny because i thought i was leaking from the rear main seal put it was something else here. i inspected the throw out bearing and fork since i had it apart. everything look fine to me
9. reinstalled the tranny and still can not get into gear.
10. uninstalled and reinstalled the passenger side axle, still not moving. i can go into gear and i can hear the tranny wining as i push the gas pedal, but still no movement.
11. this morning i go into my car to reminisce the days of driving my car. i go thought the gears and find out now i can not go into reverse and that is with and without the clutch pedal pushed in

im really confused of what happen and how it happen. im just running out of ideas of what it could be. i did some research last night and i didnt see any topics that relate to my issue im experiencing. what could be wrong with my tranny? both axles are brand new with about 2 miles on them. if i could get some help itll be great, because im some what depressed about the whole thing. thanks

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you checked the clutch slave? might be the problem since you cannot get into gear.
opps left out additional information

12. replaced the clutch slave cylinder, didnt solve issue
13. check the master for leaks, no leaks

i can go into gear, but its not catching, if that makes sense

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
i would take the tranny back out and check the internals and clutch for broken pieces.

Let me get this straight tho, you can go into gear (except reverse) but it doesnt move the car foward when you let the clutch out? kinda like if an axle popped out? it free revs in 1st-5th and you cant get into reverse period?

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i would take the tranny back out and check the internals and clutch for broken pieces.

Let me get this straight tho, you can go into gear (except reverse) but it doesnt move the car foward when you let the clutch out? kinda like if an axle popped out? it free revs in 1st-5th and you cant get into reverse period?
thats correct my friend
the axle is all the way in. the clutch is fine because i just reinstalled it. im starting to think its something internal but im praying its not. when i put the car in gear i can hear it wine up as if its move because the rpm and mph needles are moving but my car isnt. also when i changed the fluid i didnt see any shavings in the fluid at all.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
i dont think you would see shavings with a hard part failure. youre looking for chunks so i think you can move on from that idea. Plus, it sounds like it spins when the clutch is let out and doesnt sound like marbles . And did you get the wrong axles by chance? is the axle fully flush with the case (no splines showing)? Not questioning your skills, but its the little oversites that tend to cause problems lol

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not questioning your skills, but its the little oversites that tend to cause problems lol
lol dude you helping me out means a lot to me mang

ill grab a photo of what it is
as for the axle, its the right axle (abs) and it has the C ring on the end that goes into the tranny housing. its the same axle that had my car running the first time (about 2 miles)

·
Registered
832 Posts
What kind of clutch did you put in there? Its possible you might have possibly mis-installed something, or did the clutch get wet with ATF? From what you said it does sound like the C ring or set ring on the driveshaft possibly broke (the noise). I would pop out the drive shaft and see if the trans has output.

The manual transmissions are not very tough to work on, easier than a motor rebuild. I found a good one on HT. If all else fails http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2443459

·
Registered
832 Posts
The more I think about the problem the more I think there is an issue with the clutch or fork. Check the clutch and fork that is what engages. It almost has to be the problem. Also to bleed the slave you need to pump the crap out of the pedal while maintaining a good level of fluid in the container. Its not like brakes where you push/hold and close valve.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
issue found!!!
the axle was not fully installed...i feel so stupid. ive done several axles jobs on hondas but its been a long while since i did one. i seem to have forgot how you push the axle all the way in lol. thank you for all your support guys!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Glad to hear that you found the problem, that was my first guess. Sounds like it was almost in there and popped the set ring out, making the noise you mentioned. Better to pop out than destroy the splines! Good find, now for some test drives!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts