Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to a junk yard to pull the rear passenger trailing arm off a DC2 because of a hit and run I was involved in, does anyone know if there is a difference in the rear suspension of a LS and GSR? Im driving a GSR and want to know what my options are...I problebly need to replace the trailing arm and control arm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,935 Posts
Just replace it with the one that's suposed to go there. You won't gain anything with ls suspension parts.
For a DC-2 I don't know if there is a difference or not btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly, Its broken so I want to replace it, its a lot easier to find a ls in a yard then a gsr, and the parts will problebly be cheaper if so, even if they are the same just because it's an "LS"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
There's no difference between the LS and GS-R trailing arms or lower and upper control arms. The two have different rear sway bars however.

Damn, I hate when people post false information in response to questions like this. If you don't know, keep your mouth shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,935 Posts
Who gave false information? If your talking about me, I openly said I don't know if there is a difference. And told him to just get the part that is suposed to go there. In other words don't take a chance if there is a difference, just get the GSR arm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
jojo on Feb/23/04 said:
Who gave false information? If your talking about me, I openly said I don't know if there is a difference. And told him to just get the part that is suposed to go there. In other words don't take a chance if there is a difference, just get the GSR arm.
If you don't know anything, then why did you post at all? You basically implied with your post that there is a difference between the two cars' suspension parts, which there is not. The guy was plainly asking if there was a difference; since you didn't know the answer, what was the point of your post?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright alright thanks dwolsten for the great info I've been trying to find that out for 2 days...and its alright that jojo posted that, I think he got the wrong idea or was just trying to help in some way, which I appreciate, I just understood that he didn't know and waited for the correct response, thanks for the help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,935 Posts
dwolsten on Feb/23/04 said:
Quote: jojo on Feb/23/04Who gave false information? If your talking about me, I openly said I don't know if there is a difference. And told him to just get the part that is suposed to go there. In other words don't take a chance if there is a difference, just get the GSR arm. If you don't know anything, then why did you post at all? You basically implied with your post that there is a difference between the two cars' suspension parts, which there is not. The guy was plainly asking if there was a difference; since you didn't know the answer, what was the point of your post?
First, go get yourself a beer and go sit down.

Now if you can read and understand which it looks like your having a hard time doing. I was telling him to get the part that goes to HIS car and there wouldn't be a problem. What the hell is so wrong about that???
Miss information my ass.
Plus I did say that I didn't know...did you get that???
Implying something is one thing, saying that it is correct is another. That's up to your aptitude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
then u must hate yourself because last time i checked gsr and ls has same rear sway bars... :D
in fact.. gsr and ls have same suspension setup...

dwolsten on Feb/23/04 said:
There's no difference between the LS and GS-R trailing arms or lower and upper control arms. The two have different rear sway bars however.

Damn, I hate when people post false information in response to questions like this. If you don't know, keep your mouth shut.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
i was also involed in an acident, and i had to replace both rear trailing arms. both were replaced with LS trailing arms. the mecanic and i looked at them side by side for like 5 min. the only differnece was the drum brake assembly bolted to it. so we just unbolted it, and used my GSR rear disc brake assembly.
i do have a tip for you: look at the bushing on the ttrailing arm. check it for cracks and condition. one of mine is deteriorated, im kinda pissed.
also, if you refer to the sway bar article: the LS couple rear sway bar in 12.9mm compared to the GSR's 14mm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,059 Posts
matto23 on May/16/04 said:
i was also involed in an acident, and i had to replace both rear trailing arms. both were replaced with LS trailing arms. the mecanic and i looked at them side by side for like 5 min. the only differnece was the drum brake assembly bolted to it. so we just unbolted it, and used my GSR rear disc brake assembly.
i do have a tip for you: look at the bushing on the ttrailing arm. check it for cracks and condition. one of mine is deteriorated, im kinda pissed.
also, if you refer to the sway bar article: the LS couple rear sway bar in 12.9mm compared to the GSR's 14mm
If they had drum brakes they werent from an LS, all integras have rear disks. Therefore they came of a civic, which is fine since they have the same trailing arm as well.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top