Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up for a project Integra that will be off-road only. I've given thought to a Featherlite, but cost for these units are crazy. For almost the same price, I could go with a fully enclosed unit, but the weight savings would resolve its self in fuel and tires over time.I'm thinking of possibly a 18' model with 10' ramps; this would allow for a tool chest and tire rack to be mounted to the front. It'd be really nice to go for a 8" wide unit, but that would almost takeup the entire lane and give no margin for error.

I've already fitted the towing truck with a Class 5 hitch, 8,000LB rated 2" ball, and electronic braking unit. I estimate the vehical to be about 2,100lb, 150lb for extra wheels and tires, 500lb for tools and tool chest, and about 1,500lb~2,000lb for the trailer. I don't think I'll tip anywhere near the four ton mark, but overkill doesn't hurt anything; it leaves me some room to upgrade.

Any options or suggestions for trailer options and towing advice?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Straight lines are for girls.

I'd like to dedicate a Type R to autoxing in Street Modified/Pro/E Modification to dial everything in and possibly run in the Honda Challenge, as soon as I get my SCCA license. The competiton in this SCCA class in my region isn't overly tight, so I think I could build a blue chip and get to natioal level.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
i've personally always liked working in an enclosed unit better... you can get a/c, your tools have no chance of getting lost if your chests fall over, your car won't get damaged, they usually have electrical already run for tools, and you've got room to get air compressors and stuff if you wanna keep your air tools around.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I know when I was in a band (okay, not the same thing as this, but you'll see why), I was so glad that we had a trailer that protected stuff from the elements.

And the biggest tip I can think of when pulling a trailer...make sure it's level/balanced before driving. If not, it will teeter up and down and destroy the suspension on whatever you're pulling it with.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
jesus, garret!! you have more money than the pope!!! but if i were you, i'd get the enclosed trailer. protects car, tools, accessories from the elements (and vandals). and it'd look way cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts