Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend I had the privlage of participating at a track day at the world famous Laguna Seca Raceway in Monteray. Watched many races there and have heard alot of stories from back in the day from my dad, but never had a chance to drive on it. It has this special aura about it for me.

And let me tell you, it is awsome. The corkscrew is rediculous. Super blind and the road falls completely out from underneath you. It's way steeper than anything you can imagine. The first left dropping down into it is pretty similar to turn 5 at thunderhill (crows nest). Just toss it over the berm and be confident that the track is still there. And turns 9 and 10 after combine to make it this beautiful left, right,left right,left, right, left, right rhythem section with high G's that really taxes the suspension while also relying on alot of mechanical grip. Super fast, high corner speeds; all 3rd and 4th gear stuff and almost having to put it inot 5th at the end of the main straight.

Overall it was fairly easy to drive and learn. By the last session I had a nice, smooth consistent line.

small vid dropping into the corkscrew

one full lap around laguna seca

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice video.

Did you have to mount that camera? I have been around the track in some M3's but not a teg yet. I want to take mine out there, since i live 10 min away. anywase, I was getting a ride from a pro driver during one of the BMW events and he let me take a camcordor with me, but we got Black Flagged after the 2nd lap. The guy who black flagged us wanted to take my video after we pitted.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
i'm jealous. hopefully i'll be making the trip up to leguna seca this coming summer. me and some other teggies have a road trip planned.

how much did it cost to sign up and who did you sign up through?

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Track day was through NASA. $250 for the day. Really cheap for Laguna on a weekend.

I think you might be SOL to find a track day at laguna during the summer, Greg. They only run HPDE's during the off months of the racing season.

A porche GT2 spun and backed it into the wall in turn 9 (left hander after the corkscrew). Apparently he cut the turn too tight and lost the rear end. A zo6 and a NSX had contact with a wall the day before.

·
Registered
265 Posts
CarbonTeg2 on Jan/24/06 said:
Nice video.

Did you have to mount that camera? I have been around the track in some M3's but not a teg yet. I want to take mine out there, since i live 10 min away. anywase, I was getting a ride from a pro driver during one of the BMW events and he let me take a camcordor with me, but we got Black Flagged after the 2nd lap. The guy who black flagged us wanted to take my video after we pitted.
why?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Echo419 on Jan/25/06 said:
Quote: CarbonTeg2 on Jan/24/06Nice video.

why?
I guess you can't hold a camera while your in the passenger seat of ain a race car, you must mount it. its a safty issue. If the camcorder slipped out of your hands and hit the driver, serious crap could happen. I don't know why he wanted my video. He couldn't give me a strait answer, so kept the damn thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice smooth lap there. only thing id comment on is the entry into turn 9 seemed a bit closer to the right hand side than necessary. There is actually better camber about a car width away from the entry of 9. Staying a car width away from the entry of 9 is both faster and safer (going off in 9 is very bad, notice the increased run off room there). You may need to adjust speed (slight brake) when taking this line.

I was there in a red evo. Ill take the teg the next time.

-moneyfool
NASA instructor

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
j/w.. what was your greatest track lap time zook? (=

~P2P

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.