Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this past year I've spent countless dollars/ hours upgrading and testing my track car as I'm getting ready to race every event possible in 2020. I've had many roadblocks including overheating, brakes & many others. Well I have overcome those roadblocks and destroyed all of my past lap times and the car feels better than ever but now I have one last issue to work on. When I come into the braking zone at about 120mph the rear of the car lifts up and my rear passenger wheel locks up and is off of the ground a few inches. The car becomes very unstable and wants to swerve and pull to one side. This is causing me to have to brake lighter at the 400 foot mark while all of the porsches, lambos, ect. are braking at the 200 foot marker coming in around 120 -130mph. This is the only thing hurting my lap times at this point but I don't even know where to start without dumping $3000 experimenting with parts. I currently have stoptech big brakes with all stainless braided brake lines, motul rbf-600 brake fluid, & abs delete. My suspension is the Megan Racing EZ-II coilovers with the front dampers full stiffness and the rear about half. At the track someone suggested removing the rear sway bar. We did so and the rear wheels didn't lift up as much and the car felt a little better but more definitely needs to be done. Anyone with experience please share your knowledge!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've not been to the track as much as you, but I do alot of work myself. That being said what aero do you have on your car? Applying some downforce might help your issue....also are you using a subframe brace? That might help a little but I also dont corner at that high of speed...I wish i could help more but it sounds like you should be answering my questions...lol

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've not been to the track as much as you, but I do alot of work myself. That being said what aero do you have on your car? Applying some downforce might help your issue....also are you using a subframe brace? That might help a little but I also dont corner at that high of speed...I wish i could help more but it sounds like you should be answering my questions...lol

Right now I have no aero. I have a Type R spoiler but that doesn't really count. I've been debating on a rear spoiler and possible stiffer front springs and sway bars but again I haven't messed with my suspension much to know where my issues are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would definitely try a rear spoiler..they can look a little ridiculous but are good at giving rear some weight....removing your rear sway may make the tires more independant but it likely wont fix it..stiffening the front might help...but you could also make it super stiff by adding a roll cage...itll also put alot more weight to the rear comparatively...additionally maybe adding a strut tower in the rrar... make it even stiffer and add weight to rear..though not much.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Are you limited to a set of rules? I recall reading that the Kingpin machine spherical compliance bushings are supposed to help with braking stability. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but under hard braking I believe the dc/eg chassis cars tend to toe out and the compliance bushings are supposed to help prevent that vs the big rubber bushing.

What are your alignment specs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you limited to a set of rules? I recall reading that the Kingpin machine spherical compliance bushings are supposed to help with braking stability. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but under hard braking I believe the dc/eg chassis cars tend to toe out and the compliance bushings are supposed to help prevent that vs the big rubber bushing. What are your alignment specs?
Right now i am 0 toe in rear about 1/8" total toe out in the front. My camber is -2.5 in front and -1 in rear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with a couple guys i know with some insane time attack integras and we went over my spring rates and sway bars. Come to find out my current spring rates are only 560lbs front and 280lbs rear when i should be at around 1100lbs front and 900lbs rear. They said that is exactly why I'm having these issues. So I'm taking these coilovers out and will be upgrading. Also I'm currently running stock sway bars. They suggested for me to run a type r in the front and ASR/ Eibach in the rear. I will be looking into these along with aerodynamics as well before 2020.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Right now i am 0 toe in rear about 1/8" total toe out in the front. My camber is -2.5 in front and -1 in rear.
hmm I wonder if more camber in the rear would help stabilize things? The spring rates you listed did seem soft, especially the rear for a track car.

What year integra do you have? If you have a GS trim from like 97 and up, you may already have a front ITR sway bar. I'll probably check out your youtube page and your videos when Im off work later today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey John- Under hard braking, is the passenger side tire coming off the ground when you are braking in a straight line or once you turn into the corner? If this happens after you start turning into the corner, it is not a huge deal as most front drive cars will do this to a certain extent when on track.

I think you are on track by increasing your spring rates and upgrading the rear sway bar. You might want to dial a little more toe in at the rear and try some less agressive rear brake pads- I generally run the cheapest rear pads on my car to dial the rear brake bias down. I run Hawk DTC-60s on the front.

I road race my 98 LS in Improved Touring and run ~1000 pound/inch front springs and 1300 pounds/inch rear springs with the stock front sway bar and an aftermarket 22 or 23 mm rear bar. The car is super stable on track with the Hoosiers after they get up to temp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts