Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
do a voltage check with a meter. stick some small paperclips in the prongs in the plug and check it at closed and open.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have already check the voltage reading. It close to spec. How do i replace the TP. I mean there's no screws holding it. Any idea how i can take it off???

·
Registered
478 Posts
My friend you could be in for a terrible journey.

I bought a used Type R Throtle Body for my old SE and it was just the TB so I had to use all the sensors from my old TB on the SE. Trying to get my car to idle proper again was the biggest pain and the best I could ever do was get it to idle normal in closed loop (when its warm) but in open loop it always idles high (around 1500) I checked the voltage and everything but I could never get it to work right.

There are 2 phillips head screws that hold the TPS to the side of the TB. Thats how you take it off or loosen to adjust. There is a piece of plastic on a spring inside the TPS and a metal piece on the actual side of the throtle body. If you take the TPS off, make sure when you put it back on the metal part on the TB goes between the plastic part on the TPS.

Thats the best info I can give you, other than that it was alot of minor tweaking to try to get it to work but with minimal success. So GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
iNliNE4 on Jan/25/06 said:
There are 2 phillips head screws that hold the TPS to the side of the TB. Thats how you take it off or loosen to adjust. There is a piece of plastic on a spring inside the TPS and a metal piece on the actual side of the throtle body. If you take the TPS off, make sure when you put it back on the metal part on the TB goes between the plastic part on the TPS.
When stock, they look like rivets. You'll need to dremmel a line into them to get them out with a flathead.

·
Registered
478 Posts
MeltMan on Jan/25/06 said:
Quote: iNliNE4 on Jan/25/06 There are 2 phillips head screws that hold the TPS to the side of the TB. Thats how you take it off or loosen to adjust. There is a piece of plastic on a spring inside the TPS and a metal piece on the actual side of the throtle body. If you take the TPS off, make sure when you put it back on the metal part on the TB goes between the plastic part on the TPS.

When stock, they look like rivets. You'll need to dremmel a line into them to get them out with a flathead.
Of right, completly forgot about that part of the fun! I replaced them with phillips screws after to make it easier when adjusting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.