Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to long ago my integra boged, lost power and died while i was driving( I blew a coil in the cap). so we had to get a towwing company to take her to the shop. I took one look at this scruffy ******* and said "i dont trust him" to my friend standing beside me as we watch my teg being hooked up. sure enough he scrapped the bottom half of my exhaust so its forming a semi circle. fortunately they are going to pay for a new one and the installation. I would think he would have the intelligence to take a look at it before he towwed it. I guess he doesnt mind paying for a brand new exhaust.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I'd only like to have my car towed if its on a flatbed... otherwise... Id rather push it home.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
ShanJaanM on Oct/03/07 said:
I'd only like to have my car towed if its on a flatbed... otherwise... Id rather push it home.
x2, mine was towed on a flat bed, no problems at all, guys was really nice, but my car is not and probably wont ever be lowered so maybe thats why i had no problem

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don't you have to sign a paper or something...? I had to sign one saying that if they damage my car they won't be hold accountable for the damages... but they use the flat bed one... (not sure if thats what its called) but its the one that splits in half and surprisingly it wow'ed me... because I was pretty much rolling on 3 tires with a jack. If they used the regular one... I think from the quarter panel and on backwards would be stripped off the car. Situation was I broke my rear right traling arm. =O

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
The guy who towed me up here in CT told me that i was "lucky" he felt like towing me because AAA said that if a vehicle is modified then they can deny it from being towed.. When i heard that i almost flipped my ****.. but the guy towed me anyways, but did tell me that they werent responsible for damages..

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
*knocks on wood* only had my last car towed, and I still didn't like it. I remember getting my keys locked in the teg when the battery died with the keys in it and it armed. I hated seeing the guy jamming the lil knife deal in the door seal to get my keys out. Almost lashed out at him thought he was trying to steal it for a minute. But if mine ever gets towed, I'll probably unhook the exhaust and take off the front bumper just to be sure.

·
Registered
2000 Acura Integra GSR
2,880 Posts
I only had to be towed one time and they asked if my car was lowered before they sent a truck out (if it was lowered they weren't going to tow it). I thought for sure they were going to scrape my exhaust but, it never happened.

I can't believe nobody has ever designed a tow truck for lowered cars. This isn't the 70's, there's alot of lowered cars out there. I'd pay a little more money to the tow service if they had a flatbed or whatever truck designed for lowered cars.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
My uncle drives a flatbed tow truck, and they have some of the NICEST trucks I've ever seen. It's even got a small lift on the very lower back of it. I've blown the coil before, and had to have a tow, and everything went fine, but that was before I was lowered.

It's not really the tow truck drivers fault if you lowered you car to where it makes their job impossible, but, they should be nice enough to try and help you out anyways, which is what it sounds like they did (by buying you a new exhaust).

95integraid on Oct/03/07 said:
I took one look at this scruffy ******* and said "i dont trust him" to my friend standing beside me as we watch my teg being hooked up.

I would think he would have the intelligence to take a look at it before he towwed it.

To be honest, that sounds a little ignorant on your part. They take certain steps and look everything over, BEFORE they even hook anything to your car. You have to go through quite a bit of certification and training to operate towing equipment. I'm sure he wasn't a total 'idiot', and he knew full well what was going to happen, it's just that there wasn't any way around it.

Just be grateful that your car got towed, and that they're actually replacing your exhaust. I doubt most places would do that, and it sounds like they're going out of their way to make you happy.

Oh, and the angles at which flatbed trucks have to tilt their bed, there's no way they can get it flat enough for lowered cars... You're best bet is to use a truck that has a lift off the lower back of it... I'm sure you've seen them before.

You've also gotta realize, that MOST drivers are you going to be exceptionally nice to you. You're the reason that they're in business, and they want a good name for themselves.

·
Registered
602 Posts
95integraLS003 on Oct/03/07 said:
The guy who towed me up here in CT told me that i was "lucky" he felt like towing me because AAA said that if a vehicle is modified then they can deny it from being towed.. When i heard that i almost flipped my ****.. but the guy towed me anyways, but did tell me that they werent responsible for damages..
sounds like this guy wanted a big tip from you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used to be a tow truck driver, and with a standard flatbed it is pretty much impossible to tow a lowered car without scrapping it. But what is awesome is the owner had on flat bed that the bed split in half so you could get the back half of the bed alot farther down to the ground. He acctually towed arace car that at best probably had 2-3 inches clearance with no scrapes or problems whatsoever. So having that truck was awesome.

Most of the time if a driver is less than nice to you is because they probably dealt with an punk before you.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
my teg was at stock height and i still had to yell at a tow truck guy to stop before he scraped my exhaust. i put a piece of wood under my rear tire and it was fine. the cop even told him to stop and let me get a piece of wood from my trunk to put under the tire. stupid red necks.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
oneEyeClosed21 on Oct/03/07 said:
Quote: 95integraLS003 on Oct/03/07The guy who towed me up here in CT told me that i was "lucky" he felt like towing me because AAA said that if a vehicle is modified then they can deny it from being towed.. When i heard that i almost flipped my ****.. but the guy towed me anyways, but did tell me that they werent responsible for damages..

sounds like this guy wanted a big tip from you.

Funniest part was the ride there.. he started talking to me like i didnt know anything about cars. I shut him up quick and then he started asking me about his buddys turbo setup which was the CHEAPEST thing ive ever heard of.. and making it sound soo cool! haha When i showed him what i had when he dropped it off it was an eye opener for him, he even gave me his number for my race team to get parts at cost from his buddy, (sponsorship type thing) but thats not what we were looking for.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i Keep a 2X4 in my trunk for that specific purpose. so my exhaust wont get bent to **** if i ever need a tow.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
95integraLS003 on Oct/03/07 said:

dude same with me! he said AAA doesnt mess with 'modified vehicles' the guy who showed up was really cool he even pulled out his jack and used mine so that we could jack up the front end before he used that 'T' looking thing to raise the car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.