Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of tokico illumina 5-way adjustable springs/shocks and front and rear camber kits for my car, but I tow a jet ski with my car sometimes. Everyone is telling me it shouldn't be a problem when I lower it, but that doesn't sound right to me....could it cause any damage to anything on my car? Should I do it or not?

·
Registered
717 Posts
just make the back shocks extremely stiff when you tow stuff. shouldnt be an issue

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
tony_2018 on Sep/07/07 said:
with flat beds you need to tell them to take off the front bumper, or do it yourself. when they strap down the front tire the strap will be at an angle that will push up on the front bumper and that could ripped something. this is experience with my 98 front + itr lip. lowered on what? i dunno it use to belong to my bro.
You answered the wrong question, man.

Anyway, to the OP, it all depends on how much the springs lower the car. If they are coilovers, you should be fine, you just jack up the back of the car when you wanna tow. If they are not height adjustable, the jet ski may lower the car to the point where you have an insane amount of rubbing or something.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
lowered teg and towing a jet ski= BAD IDEAL!!

I say either becomes friends w/ a person thats owns a truck fast or buy a small truck to tow with...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They're supposed to lower my car 1.5 inches...and the jet ski is VERY light, I can pull myself.

Why is it a bad idea? could you or someone explain please (anything other than rubbing)...if i had the money, i'd buy a truck. I obviously don't have the money, or i wouldn't be worried about towing this with my car.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
If you tow it now with stock shocks, you really shouldn't have a problem when it's lowered. You will be able to stiffen up the rear shocks enough to compensate for the car being a little lower. ^^ Like that guy said, try it around your neighborhood, but I think it should be fine. I have seen lowered tegs pulling trailers with 2 street bikes on them up the dragon.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
one word of advice... modify your ball so that the trailer sits level. basically you dont want the front of the trailer bowing down in the front to meet the rear of the car. this takes load of the trailers axle and on to the ball. you want the car to pull the trailer,,, not carry the trailer... if u get what im trying to say.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
00gsrteggrl on Sep/07/07 said:
I'm putting them on today, so I'll find out. Thanks for all the advice! and ^ sounds like a good idea, i'll try to figure out a way to do that,
I bought a hitch from u-haul that is height adjustable depending on the weight of whatever it is you are towing. All it takes is a 3/8 drive ratchet and you can adjust the height.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.