Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was researching about torque on an auto tranny and JMO Torque Converter came up and it sounds VERY INTERESTING but . . . with that cost of the upgrade manual converstion sounds even better! lol. but . . .then a new B20 head is a good way for an auto LS to get torque too, so i was wondering how much lbs of more torque can a b20 push out? and would it have a nice fit on the auto tranny on the LS? and do i need any more mods to the head or just pop that baby on.

oh yeah. anyone got a Torque Converter done? any fee back on that?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Wrong forum to post in. You'd be better off in either performance or Gen 3.

A conversion to manual will do you better in the long run. A b20 head will net you 0 horse power because its the same head used on a b18b. The block will net you some hp because its 3mm or .2L diffrence in displacment. The cost of installing a b20 block and a torque converter is going to run you more then a manual swap and you will have some change to add upgrades. And if you were curious any b series head will bolt up to any b series block same goes for transmissions.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
the b20 doesnt push alot more torque out than the b18b... the big difference is that it pushes the torque out a crap load sooner than the b18b does

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh haha i thought this was an overall forum. my bad. i dont think my auto can push any more HP anymore so now im looking for torque and B20 seemed good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I drive a 97 ls and just did the b20 tranny swap and have noticed a diferance in torque and leaving the hole alot better. I only paid $300 for the jdm b20 tranny. Find the shop in your area that sells JDM swaps and they will have a bunch of b20 automatic trannies. Very easy swap !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.