Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gsr has 70,000 miles and the tranny feels a bit notchy. i asked the guy who does my oil changes if i should get a tranny flush. he asked how many miles i have, i said 70k he said i should just top off the tranny fluid because if i flush the tranny it will never work right again. i will grind gears and screw up my tranny, and ill have to buy a new one.

i dont know what the previous owner did as far as the tranny goes.i dont have an owners manual.so i dont really know what should be done but i dont think what that guy said is correct.

someone please shed some light on this subject.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I wouldn't take your car to that guy anymore ;)

I wouldn't do a tranny "flush", but draining and replacing the fluid is a must every 30k miles or less. The oil in the tranny is going to become inadequate after thousands of miles of use, would you run your engine with out every changing the oil? ;)

Check my article on changing the tranny oil, its a pretty simple process and you will keep your tranny running healthy :)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Whoa... that guys sounds like a true idiot.

You should change your transmission fluid at least every 50K miles or so. It's not a big deal: only takes a few qts of MTF and a couple minutes.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ok I recently change of Fluid on my tranny and BOY was i glad I had..The fluid of course was disgusting, but also, there was a ton of metal elements on the end of the magnetic bolt..Put in the redline and shifts "almost perfect" now..hope it helps but yes i'd recommend it greatly..The fact that the tranny gets so hot should be enough to tell you it's important..If not, I'd do it anyway, for the longevity of the life of your car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx fellas i knew that guy smoking something when he said it was bad to change the fluid. ill put in some redline mtf today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts