Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side axle went out and its making my car shimmer and makes a popping sound when im leaving from a stand still. I was gonna see what tools are need so I can do this myself. btw whats the socket size i need to remove my brake rotors(the big bolt in the middle)? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
You will need a socket set. With 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm and a 32mm socket. You will also want a big ass hammer to get the ball joint out of the LCA, and a pry bar to get the axle out of the halfshaft. The big bolt in the middle is a 32mm socket. For preludes its a 34mm. Hope this helps u. Sears should have the 32mm socket.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks turboLS. i have a few of those, i might have to rent a few of those sockets from autozone. hopefully it will go smooth like my old kias :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have the same problem... my axel actually came completely out... I put it back in but it's popping. I recommend you be very carefull when playing in there because if you get sand in there it will shake your car (like mine does). Get some extra grease for when you put it back in cuz a bit of it will come out.
Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.