Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change my brake pads soon and I'll probably need to push the piston back in for clearance. Will these c-clamps work? c-clamps on ebay I think they will do the job but I just want to make sure before I buy them. Also another thing, are the fronts and rears the same as far as pushing the piston back in? Some cars require a #3 Phillips screwdriver or something like that for the rear pistons. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Yes and yes. You could use just about any c-clamp for this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the rear pistons, it seems like I would need a gigantic screwdriver which I do not have. Where can I find this? Another thing, the article on change the brake pads and rotors was showed using vise grips for pushing the piston back in. Should I get vise grips or c-clamps and which one will I need more as far as adding to my tool collection? Which one will be more useful in the future?

·
Registered
698 Posts
needle nose pliers or a fat chisel work real well for the rear caliper pistons.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
im with grendel fr the rears, ive done rear pads about 10 times, and i usually use vise grips so i can adjust them out to the right size.... needlenose work too, but i slip alot with them.. For the front ive always just used a clamp, and put a vise across(wasnt a c clam) but it gets the job done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts