Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me this is pretty good for an auto teg, i just got headers put on my car i also have an intake and some other small things done. i ended up racing a manual jetta w/ an intake and 3000 suspension kit. And I WoN! surprisingly.

Video of the Race- http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOPkBD8SGBY

1/8-10.764
Speed-66.89
Reaction time-1.115
60 foot et-2.715

·
Registered
104 Posts
go manual ftw! its alot more fun but damn dude, haha my best friend has a jetta and now i wanna race him cuz all he talks about is how his jetta with horrible brakes and transmission is so fast cuz its turbo and he doesnt know a single thing about it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i love my auto teg, i hate the tranny slipping though.....I'm contemplating on switching to a H22A auto though, I mean by the time you switch to a manual tranny, your 50% to the cost of a H22A JDM auto. And they come with a LSD or so I'm told, lol.....So I'll stick with auto myeslf.

Andrew

·
Registered
407 Posts
Would be cool to watch, but I got sea sick.

couldn't even tell which car was yours until half way down the track.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LouderPlease on Jul/27/07 said:
How did you launch? That's awesome that you beat him! I'm just surprised that you even got him as early as the launch.
I put it in 1st and held the break and gas, (if you listen closely to the race you will see i shifted to late to 2nd) maybe slowed me down a little.

·
Registered
38 Posts
kinda slow on the launch, but other than that it looks good. best thing to do with an auto when racing is neutral drop it. When I had my auto civic, I did it when I raced and got a better reaction time. But It's hard on the tranny.

·
Registered
594 Posts
CasperIntegra on Jul/27/07 said:
kinda slow on the launch, but other than that it looks good. best thing to do with an auto when racing is neutral drop it. When I had my auto civic, I did it when I raced and got a better reaction time. But It's hard on the tranny.
ouch, neutral drop? better have your new tranny on hand before the old one goes out. haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
killerintegra07 on Jul/27/07 said:
nice did u roll tires at all? i think i heard some burning but it might have been your buddy ood job rep the autotegs!
I dont think so maybe very slightly, it is really hard to roll the tires, practically the only way to roll them is to do a neutral drop but i dont like to do that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts