Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took 2nd place in the Import category in my school's car show. Not bad for a mostly stock 99 GS-R. I got plenty of comments on how clean it was and how it was in nice condition.

BTW, the car that beat me was some girl's father's mint Datsun Z.

Still goes to show you that loud body kits and big wheels don't always win the contests.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
cool

·
Registered
561 Posts
what other cars where there? No offenece, you have a really nice car, but mostly stock cars dont win alot of comps.

Good work none the less

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I'd win in a heart beat. My car is the only one without bondo all over it.

What did the Z have that beat you? My first car was a 240 Z. I loved that car....

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was in perfect shape. Original paint, low milage, perfect interior. The color was this strange yellowish-lime green. An ugly color but it looked good on that car.

Last year the winner was a white Eclipse with the usual ricer crap like decals, cheap chrome wheels, Altezzas, etc.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
batboyx on Sep/19/02 said:
My town is like import wars man.. you can't get out of the parking lot without some idiot reving at you ... it sux
LOL!!! i was almost hit the other night by 2 guys drag racing in a supermarket parking lot...at 5 in the evening!

GSRGuy - congrats on the win, show everyone that tegs are ALMOST second to none.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
i was the first at my school to get a import that was nice. like newer than 89. now there is like 10 nicer hondas and acuras but their parents paid for everything so they cheated. lol. i had to pay for mine. i think i will have the nicest car at my school when i sell mine and get my signifigant other. 92' teg. i will smoke keiths 98 civic. he has a 100 shot and skunk 2 stage 3 cams and didn't even change retainers or springs or any internal parts. lol. he gonna need new engine in a few days i would bet. oh yeah. congrats man. i would vote for any teg over some Z

·
Registered
287 Posts
yea when i register my car in november (it seems as if it will never come) i will probly hav the best car. one of my freinds has a for tauras sho and thinks his car is better? haha

·
Registered
551 Posts
i remember my schools car show i brought my 66 mustang all primer haha i got alot of compliments tho! it was great ...school car shows are fun.. ahh yes good ol'e high school days

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
hey.. thats great news! did u get anything for winning? i think you should at least win a free lunch or something. cafeteria sponsors.. i wish we had car shows back in high school..

TheGSRGuy on Sep/19/02 said:
A brand new Infiniti G35 with the rare OEM aero kit, the Datsun, two new Celicas (one with rims), and a Merc SLK230.
note* G35 is the 4 door skyline in japan.. the new Z coming out will have the same engine.. which means they will have compatible performance products.. cool huh~!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts