Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i jus got new wheels and tires for my teg and i noticed this the day after...that it rubs really bad when takng turns...its rubbing against that plastic metal fender wall edge not against the actual fender wall...ive heard of a cheap solution to fix this..get the edges pushed in flat...does anyone know any other ways to fix this
thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
How low is your drop and what size rims did you get? You shouldn't be having a problem with 17's. I've seen this done in pictures but something about rolling a baseball bat against the paper thin metal over the fender just gives me the creeps. one wrong move and you are looking at major damage and a crappy looking ride. Please be careful if you attempt this.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
crash on Aug/28/02 said:
How low is your drop and what size rims did you get? You shouldn't be having a problem with 17's. I've seen this done in pictures but something about rolling a baseball bat against the paper thin metal over the fender just gives me the creeps. one wrong move and you are looking at major damage and a crappy looking ride. Please be careful if you attempt this.
i think its 1.5inch drop it was dropped from the day i bought it so im not too sure...it looks like 1.5inch...yea that bat thing doesn;t sound like the greatest solution...i think im gonna get it done professioanlly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you rubbing on the outer fender? You must have some wide tires then. If its like me, there is a little metal strip down the middle of the fender, I just took a hammer and smashed it flat, and I didnt have any problems. Before, when I would hit a dip, it would take little chunks out of my tires, but that solved it

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heikdogg on Aug/29/02 said:
Are you rubbing on the outer fender? You must have some wide tires then. If its like me, there is a little metal strip down the middle of the fender, I just took a hammer and smashed it flat, and I didnt have any problems. Before, when I would hit a dip, it would take little chunks out of my tires, but that solved it
yea my tires are 215 and the same thing happens to me every time i hit a dip to turn it rubs bad, im gonna get that outer fender done today.

·
Registered
136 Posts
watch out that you don't crack the paint when your rolling the lip.. it will rust...

you should bend it very slowly and put a rag or something soft betweent the bat and the fender lip.

Anyone know how to soften car paint ??

I'm planning on getting 45 offset 215/45/17 so I'm prolly going to have to do the same thing ....

·
Registered
20 Posts
INSANE8 on Aug/29/02 said:
watch out that you don't crack the paint when your rolling the lip.. it will rust...

you should bend it very slowly and put a rag or something soft betweent the bat and the fender lip.

Anyone know how to soften car paint ??

I'm planning on getting 45 offset 215/45/17 so I'm prolly going to have to do the same thing ....
Watch out for that size of tire. You don't want to increase the overall diameter too much. 215/45/17 is 1.2 inches larger in diameter than your stock wheel and tire setup. When you increase the diameter of your wheels you are altering the gearing of your transmission. The larger the tire the slower your acceleration, but you will gain top speed.

As for the offset, I would go with at least +42. Much less and you will run into rubbing on the outside fender due to the wheels not being pulled under enough. Your offset shouldn't cause you that many problems though.

Is it rubbing only one one tire, or is it all of them?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea its only rubbing on one side, could that be a shock problem??...when i take left turns the rear right rubs against fender wall lip

is the rubber stripping glued on or does it come right off?? i have a aluminum bat would that work?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts