Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentaly put 3.9quarts of oil in my 94LS, 3.7 is recommended right? should i be worried about this?

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Check the dipstick...don't go by what the book says...I don't....it only gives me a "neighborhood" figure....check it on the dipstick.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dipstick finally reads to the 2nd dot almost exactly... whenever i added 3.7 it was always in between the 2 dots. I was just a little paranoid (smelt oil burning but it was just a few drops on my heat plate)... me and my first time oil changes heh.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think I poured a little too much oil when I changed my oil. The checked the dipstick and the oil was a little over the second dot. Is that bad? Will it mess up my engine? Today I noticed white smoke coming through my hood after a drive. Is that a result of overfilling the oil?

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
franniestopdat on Mar/24/04 said:
I think I poured a little too much oil when I changed my oil. The checked the dipstick and the oil was a little over the second dot. Is that bad? Will it mess up my engine? Today I noticed white smoke coming through my hood after a drive. Is that a result of overfilling the oil?
How many quarts did you add? What year/trim level teg? The smoke was probably from spilling oil when adding or the drained oil burning off of the exhaust.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
kcforever12 on Mar/24/04 said:
all i know was that i put too much and my exhaust started to smoke like a f**kin chimney
then you have piston ring problems, not an overfill problem.

we tend to overfill by that much (4.2-4.3 L) at the road racing circuits, if the car doesn't have a baffled oil pan because on high G cornering, the oil might get sloshed away from the oil pick up tube and the oil pump may run dry...bad news if that happens (oil starvation).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.