Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

too much horsepower???

3K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  pythonscott 
#1 ·
I have a 95 ls turbo. I have a custom turbo kit with a garrett t3/t4 turbocharger. I have a greddy evo exhaust and a test pipe. For fuel mangement I've got an Safc hack, 450 dsm injectors, and a 255lph fuel pump. I went to get it dyno tuned at 5 psi and I got 207hp and 182torque. I've seen a gsr w/ almost the same mods, pushing 5 psi and it only made 211hp. Is there something wrong with this picture?

#11 ·
bobyahead on Feb/25/04 said:
gsr turbo??? thats like saying bye to your engine on the first race... the revolution and wind up is far too great for a vtec engine... gotta go with the super charger... and the lsturbo is faster then a gsr turbo... only cuz the gsr is gaining minimal potential due to the fast rev.
thats sooo untrue its not even funny.
go away or atleast stop posting till you learn alittle more.

#12 ·
--------------------------------------------------------
gsr turbo??? thats like saying bye to your engine on the first race... the revolution and wind up is far too great for a vtec engine... gotta go with the super charger... and the lsturbo is faster then a gsr turbo... only cuz the gsr is gaining minimal potential due to the fast rev.
---------------------------------------------------------

wow! that was almost funny. false information is not only dangerous to you but to those that would actually believe it to be true

#16 ·
bobyahead on Feb/25/04 said:
this guy!!!

LOL.

Can a moderator delete his post before other newbs see it?

#18 ·
hpracing007 on Feb/25/04 said:
Yep, charts are way more important that peaks when comparing two cars setups.
exactly- powerband. A GSR could in theory only put out 200HP but spank you in a 1/4 if it had a better powerband. If you tuned your car for the highest peak HP then you tuned it wrong.

as for turbos bad for GSRs... gee what can I that everyone else hasn't?

#20 ·
That's kind of slow, I think you should tune up both cars. I'm not so sure but maybe there are different turbo's for different models. My friend John's got a turbo (T4) in his GSR and it's pretty fast compare to a Marty's LS turbo(T4). John race Marty and won by 3 and half car length which i though it was okay but he could of done better.

#22 ·
Sorry for the late reply, I work too much. Well, the reason I thought it was wierd, was because people say a turbo should only give you about 10hp per psi. Before turbo, my car would put out 132.4 hp to the wheels. After boostin 5psi it went all the way up to 207. Thanks for the replies

#26 ·
97_Integra_GSR on Mar/02/04 said:
LS tranny have more torque than the GSR tranny. That's why I went with LSVect turbo.
More misinformation Chris. That is BS. The LS only has longer gears and a lower Final Drive than the GSR tranny. You would have to be stupid to put a transmission that will actually make your car slower onto your motor. You guys have really got to do some research. The only thing the LS tranny has over the GSR and ITR is top speed, and even at that you shouldn't ever be going that fast so it shouldn't matter, unless you lap race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.