Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say I had a BoNE STOCK D15 running a full stand alone and I randomly threw in 1000cc injectors with no other supporting mods (hypothetically). Would there be any downsides seeing as I'm able to tune the car from the stand alone? Any reliability problems?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
it depends on your FP and your minimum duty cycle to get the thing lean enough for your needs. A lot of people don't like running below 45% duty cycle just for precision purposes. you then run into the issue of how fast and resposive the nozzle is (pintle or disc).

too small a duty cycle at a low FP can affect spray pattern.

you don't want it to be drizzling out.

I honestly don't know what the lower limit of duty cycle is since I've never pushed it that far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I asked two people who both said "No problem at all," which just didn't sit right. Now I just need to find a calculator to see what injectors would be optimal for my setup.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
700whp from the Turbo and a little over 1000whp when I spray.

I'm only looking for 350-400whp on the Integra though if that's what you were asking, I've got one too many projects going at once, sadly, the Integra is my daily driver and I can't help but fiddle with the damn thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
one of them is a DSM junky and the other one I doubt has run a 1000cc (Turbo Honda), now that I start talking to him (Honda guy) about what you said he's taking a step back.

Thanks for the graphs and tables by the way! These things will be extremely handy :)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Kook you will notice that when you run the injectors larger than 1000cc you will have a difficult time ideling them. It is due to the weak and un-clean signal coming from the ECU.

The fix is to either run the injectors fat and deal with the "lumpy" or install an injector driver. The injector driver will provide a clean/crisp signal for the P&H injectors and allows them to idel very smooth like they were ment for the motor.

If you have any other questions related to this feel free to ask.

It is really the Maximum duty cycle that you want to be concerned with. You don't want to run above 90% because of the load that the injector is enduring. While injectors are in the upper range of their performance there is a great amount of heat that is generated which can lead to seizure and ultimately failure.... ect you can put the puzzle together on what might happen next.

See this link A guide I wrote on how to select the correct fuel injector for your setup.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
here's the set up for that full race 700 whp b18c1:

Originally posted gy Geoff @ Full Race on Jun 21-23/05 said:
Engine: 2.0L ERL sleeved GSR engine, JE 84mm 9:1 pistons, OEM bearings, oil pump, water pump, and timing belt, Headgames ported GSR head, Full Manley valvetrain, Type R cams, Full Race cam gears, Full Race IM, 75mm Accufab Mustang throttle body, ARP Head Studs (i cant say enough good things about the quality of the ERL machine work, it is exceptional)

Turbo Setup: Full Race top mount manifold, GT40R .85a/r housing, 4" dp, 4" aluminum exhaust, Full Race custom backdoor PWR intercooler, 3" chargepipes, Tial 44mm wg, Tial BOV, Precision 1000cc injectors, sumped OEM fuel tank, Aeromotive a1000 pump, -10 feed and return lines, Aeromotive FPR, custom Full Race fuel rail, Exedy twin disk

Tuning at 38psi, c16

Boost was holding 38 pounds then dropping off to 32 pounds. If boost would have held at 38 pounds this would have easily made 800-850whp. once we can get the boost controller bugs worked out well have more data.

so it done was on VP Racing leaded C16 oxygenated race fuel

Quote:
C16
Used in turbocharged engines, blown engines and nitrous applications with CRs up to 17:1. Recommended by the top nitrous oxide companies. Spec Fuel for NHRA Comp Eliminator.

• Color: Blue
• Motor Octane: 117
• Specific gravity: .735 at 60° F

but they ran 1000 cc/min Precision injectors.

full-race.com wmv file of dyno pull on 38 psi b18c1 turbo

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
They are able to use the 1000cc injectors and get the power they are looking for because they are not using the stock ECU and/or have increased the FP.

on a b18c using the 1000cc making 650whp will be @ about 85-90% DC.

And MD the disc type injectors perform just like the ball and seat type from what I have seen.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I still prefer tuning with an injector driver though.... it makes tuning easy due to the responsiveness of the injector. You don't have to run them fat at lower rpm's just to get the motor to idle.

Like I said before those cars are not using the STOCK ECU so they might not need to use an injector driver or already have on built into their EMS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.