Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have my tokico hp shock and spring combo and the dealer claims a 1.75 inch drop, others ive searched claim a 1.5 inch drop. i just spoke to a customer service representative at tokico and she clarified for me that the springs in the tokico hp and illumina combo are a 1.4 inch drop in the front and a 1 inch drop in the back.

that explains why my car is quite higher than i expected.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, I'm sure that’s what she was told the drop height is, but all drops can vary.
After a drop settles it can deviate in height. A buddy did the HP spring set the same time as me and I think I got the short end of the stick, no pun intended, because his is 1/2" lower than mine. Go figure. (Also always wait at least a week to do an alignment and if you time it right, drop the car right before you plan to get new tires; this way you can wait two or three weeks to settle.) I've heard from mechanics that cars can settle from 1/2" – 3/4".

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Supposedly, springs settling is a myth, which I've concluded from a previous thread I started. here. Although I still believe it is true the car gets lower after some time, but not significantly noticeable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm sure everyone has an opinion or even a factual article they can draw from, concerning settling.

Back to the different heights on the same set of springs, I can only make an educated guess as to why the same year and trim car is 1/2" lower than mine on the same springs and shocks; either the "factory" didn't "settle the springs" or he had hundreds of pounds of something hidden throughout his vehicle, which may explain why he always has more money than me...

I can only speak from experience and I’m not the engineer I wish I were smart enough to be, but I’ve personally experienced anominalies in height on spring-shock sets that can and do differ. Settling or something else?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.