Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the illuminas and h&r sport springs installed on my teg. But i didn't get the dials that are supposed to come with them. Now, if i wanted to make the shocks stiffer or softer, how can i adjust them without the dials? i looked at the top of the shock and theres something there that i think i can turn with a pair of pliers. But i wanted to know would this work and which way should i turn it, clockwise or CCW, to adjust them. Thanks...and this is a great setup for a daily driver.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they were used shocks. paid like 200 for all 4. they were used for like 3 months or so said the previous owner. i actually had the dials but can't find em now. so now iam in a bit of a dilemma. i wanted to make them a little bit stiffer than where they are at right now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tegon-gsr on Feb/24/04 said:
call tockico and tel them that you had bought there shocks and there was no dials with them and they will send you dome
I doubt that they would give me some cuz i didn't buy from the manufacturer. i would try though, if somebody's got their number.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
This may sound stupid, but are they blue or white? The blues are non adjustable.

If they are white, then call up Tokico as stated earlier and see if you can purchase them. If not then you will have to buy others or keep the ones you have at whatever setting your on.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/24/04 said:
time to plan a TI meetup.

Quote: tdesi420 on Feb/24/04 I recently had the illuminas and h&r sport springs installed on my teg... i looked at the top of the shock and theres something there that i think i can turn with a pair of pliers. But i wanted to know would this work and which way should i turn it, clockwise or CCW, to adjust them.
Quote: tdesi420 on Feb/24/04 i actually had the dials but can't find em now. so now iam in a bit of a dilemma.

Quote: Furious94LS on Feb/24/04 This may sound stupid, but are they blue or white? The blues are non adjustable.
Off topic, but it looks like the regular and long standing TI memembers smoked some kind of sh*t upon entering this thread
sorry to deviate, back on topic!

You should be able to adjust them yourself without the dials. Call up Tokico and just BS to them. You bought them a long time ago, you don't have warranty, receipts, etc. You love their products and would love to keep using their stuff down the road, you just need the dials right now, etc etc etc kiss a little ass!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey timpac167, that is a good idea but i don't have the number, i could find it out on their website or somewhere. And they are white, Furious94Ls. But i don'twanna wait for them so i would like to try it without the dials, but i need to know which way is it to make them stiffer, CW or CCW? Someone who has these could tell me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i have illuminas on my rex, if you are starting from one, cw makes them stiffer progressively, but one click ccw will set them at thier hardest. the easiest way to figure out where 1 is (so you can turn from there) would be to go ccw on click at a time until you feel it go from incredibly soft to incredibly stiff. when it gets stiff, you're on five, back it up (go cw) one click and your back on one. BE CAREFUL, THOSE PINS ARE DESIGNED TO BE TURNED BY A PLASTIC DIAL, NOT METAL PLIERS, take your time and good luck!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
He asked if they were blue or white to ensure the guy knew what he bought. Believe it or not there are some shady and some really dumb people out there. The seller could have been shady saying they were I's or could have been just plain dumb and said they were b/c the said Tokico on them. Then tdesi420 gets them and assumes they are what he paid for- I's. Get my drift and where Furious94LS was going with his question?

in the long run your best bet to call Tokico. I know quite a few manufacturer's are willing to help people out with missing parts etc even if they bought it used. AEM, Venom, Skunk2, and Wings West have all helped me out with mine or my g/f car in the past. In all cases I got what I needed for free or paid a minimal shipping charge.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, you guys are right...i shouldn't mess around with these illuminas using pliers and ending up destroying them. i looked at their website and i will call them up about my little problem and hopefully they will give me the dials for free or for a little fee. thanks to all for your advice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.