Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come where I need a truck for the work I do (construction) and between my new truck and motorcycle I can't afford to keep my integra on the road with insurance and all that.

So my question is... If I kept the teg and added mods and worked on it for like a year and then next summer or maybe even 2 years from now put it back on the road. Would there be alot of problems from having it sit and not drive it for a year? (Its a 94 GSR)

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Err... turbo that teg, and get a trailer. :p
Wait, make it Supercharge, more consistant torque to tow stuff.

edit:
The Vortec 4300 V6 delivers:
• 195 hp @ 4600 rpm
• 260 lb-ft torque @ 2800 rpm

HA! A SC teg can easily do that! Maybe around 3000-3500rpm easily.

·
Registered
883 Posts
i dont think there would be alot of problems after 2 years... i suggest what viet said.. start it up a couple times a week. i had bought my teg from a guy that had it lying around for like 6 months.. he never started it. no problems after the purchase, i just had to buy a new battery.

·
Registered
638 Posts
hmmm.. teg site..., KEEP THE TEG ;), maybe you can keep it off INS for however long, but you can still drive it around the block a couple times, and do what everyone else said to keep it going, I would keep it and invest extra money into it every now and then when you can of coarse, and use it as a show car in the end! sounds like a fun task.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Keep it they make fuel additive to keep your gas from destabilizing over time, as long as you keep your fluids from breaking down. my girlfriends mom bought her 64 camaro off a guy for hella cheap cuz it was just sitting around for years and he couldnt get it to start. all she did was buy a new battery and it was good as new. I know your car isnt a camaro, but IMO an integra is even better

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.