Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the people that got there cars completely stolen I have a question. Yesterday my Integra got stolen and now during the time of waiting to see if it turns up or not I need to start considering that I need to have another car lined up. I was thinking just replacing what was stolen and get another Integra the same way mine was that was taken from me. I was wondering if that is kinda dumb in a way? Dont get me wrong I love my Integra and if I get another I would put alot more theft prevention in it but lets face the fact if a theif wants the car one way or another they will get the car. No amount of theft protection will stop it. So is it dumb to continue the same chain or should I move on? I am asking what you guys did after your Integra got stolen. I need some advice with what everyone else did or would do in the event your car was taken from you.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
My car was nearly stolen within 10 feet from where I was sleeping, and I screamed, I cried, I called my best friend and swore up and down that I was getting out of Hondas. He said that if I do that, the world wins and asked me what I'm about to ask you... Do you want the world to win?

·
Registered
373 Posts
when my teg was stolen....i just replaced the parts and still have it...

my friend who just got his teg stolen (which had from $5-6k invested in it) is looking into getting an RSX or Type R....

so it just depends...having a 2nd car lined up is always a good idea...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
B18Ch1ck on Sep/04/07 said:
My car was nearly stolen within 10 feet from where I was sleeping, and I screamed, I cried, I called my best friend and swore up and down that I was getting out of Hondas. He said that if I do that, the world wins and asked me what I'm about to ask you... Do you want the world to win?
I don't want the world to win but just thinking if should take this as a calling to move on to something else. Don't get me wrong I love Hondas with everything just wondering what everyone else did so I can get ideas

·
Registered
565 Posts
just as a note, the vast majority of people who reply to this with experience are going to have bought a new teg. it isnt nearly as likely that a prior owner still regularly visits TI, meaning u have a biased crowd.

on another note, if u really did enjoy your integra, yes of course get a new one, although i am not speaking from the point of view of someone who has had this experience

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
805dan on Sep/04/07 said:
just as a note, the vast majority of people who reply to this with experience are going to have bought a new teg. it isnt nearly as likely that a prior owner still regularly visits TI, meaning u have a biased crowd.

on another note, if u really did enjoy your integra, yes of course get a new one, although i am not speaking from the point of view of someone who has had this experience
that is a good point but just wondering what others would do

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
B18Ch1ck on Sep/04/07 said:

a little dramatic for a car that you didn't even like eh?

besides if they broke the window and vandalized it they prolly weren't trying to steal it

the world always wins

·
Registered
433 Posts
well sticking with an integra or not any car can get stolen or damaged. and u can prevent ur car from being stolen or vandilized by takeing the extra precautions such as getting a good alarm system, cut off switches, have someone park really close behind u so moving it wont be an option.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
integrashadow on Sep/04/07 said:
well sticking with an integra or not any car can get stolen or damaged. and u can prevent ur car from being stolen or vandilized by takeing the extra precautions such as getting a good alarm system, cut off switches, have someone park really close behind u so moving it wont be an option.
Integra along with any other Honda is more likely to get stolen than other cars

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
When my '99 GS-R was stolen and stripped, I took the money and upgraded to my current '06 Type-S.

My plan originally was to just get another GS-R/ITR but considering how hard it was when I lost my GS-R, I didn't want to have to go through something like that again.

My Type-S is really safe ... a million times harder to steal than any Integra. I have no worries at night, other than it getting broken into on occasion.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I know, times like this REALLY, suck.

btw, check out this thread that I made after my GS-R was stolen.

·
Registered
274 Posts
my car got stolen and returned completly stripped besides the body. they even were nice enough to give me 3 steelies to match MY donut to push it away. nice huh??

i'd stick with a teggy man. just up your antics on security a bit, seriously. you're the guy that had just a club right? start lining up a car, and then start lining out security measures. first thing i did with my new teg was a kill switch/alarm/tilt sensor. letting them win however, show them you got balls and they cant mess with you. buy a bb gun and shoot back!

·
Registered
717 Posts
you could move to the middle of no where. things dont get stolen nearly as much in the country

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.