Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i rotated my tires today, left front to left rear, right front to right rear, and now when im driving on the road it pulls to the left...it does it fairly quickly too, when i was doing 50 it took me about 1/10 mile to go from the right side of the road to the other..i have no idea whats goin on...any ideas? thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
if you haven't rotated them frequently, they could be worn uneven, which would be causing your car to pull.

you can either put them back how they were, get an alignment, or get new tires.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
How new are your tires? Also, do you rims come with little black rings that fit up on the inside of the rim where it touches the hub? one time one of them got hung up in a weird position and caused my car to pull.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the thing is i bought the car last september, had 2 new front tires and 95% tread on the back ones. so new tires may not be the problem, but thanks anyways. it might be the treads are uneaven tho. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea torque is good, i just did it with the tire wrench in the trunk..my friend went around and tighened each one pretty tight. steveyenisch i think your talking about aftermarket rims, i just have my blades.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The pull could also just be coming from the tires. If they aren't directional tires try crossing the front two tires, and see if it starts pulling to the right. If so, it is the tires causing the pull in which case you can rotate them back and it should go away.

If it just started happening right after rotating the tires I don't think the alignment will have anything to do with it. In order for the alignment to change to the point of causing a hard pull on a suspension like ours, it really has to become damaged and bent before that will happen. There is no adjustment for caster on the Integra, which is the primary angle that causes a vehicle to pull one way or the other.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem with my car. I thought it was the alignment but I got that fixed and it still pulled. My brother had the same problem with his civic and after he got his tires replaced he found out he had a broken belt and that caused it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
nanod on Feb/17/04 said:
This may sound stupid, but have you checked the pressure in your tires when they are cold? (driven less then a couple of miles)
what I was going to say. we all know that tire pressure is important. check to see that the front tires are both at the same psi.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I thought you were soposed to rotate your tires differently?
like:
left rear to right front
right rear to left front
front right to rear left
front left to rear right

Or something goofy like that?

Am I completely wrong?

·
Registered
95 Posts
IN1108TEGRA on Feb/17/04 said:
I thought you were soposed to rotate your tires differently?
like:
left rear to right front
right rear to left front
front right to rear left
front left to rear right

Or something goofy like that?

Am I completely wrong?

that depends on if you have directional tires. if you have directional tires you would have to remount each tire in order for it to turning in the correct direction.

·
Registered
52 Posts
whitegsr2000's car will never be aligned right because the tires in the front and back were bought at different times. The only way to get your car straight is to buy all 4 tires at the same time and align them every 7500 miles. That's the mileage at which Honda recommends tire rotation. When I first bought my car, I didn't properly rotate the tires and tried to get my car aligned and the thing never tracked straight, even after I got it re-aligned. What a waste of 50 bucks. When I got a new set of tires, I rotated them every time I changed my oil (every 7500 miles) and I haven't needed an alignment since. I still haven't needed a re-alignment after getting a new set since my last new set.

btw IN1108TEGRA, You never rotate tires like that with modern tires because modern tires use radial technology (hence the name, radial tire) which is meant for uni-directional use.

·
Registered
874 Posts
You change your oil every 7500 miles? WHA?!?!?

err...I'm still confused. Maybe its just too late at night. I'll re-read this thread in the morning and see if I can figure this out...(I shoudl probably rotate my tires while I'm lowering my car...that way it will be right before my alignment as well)...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, I use to be brainwashed into changing my oil every 3000 miles but I read an article in Car and Driver where Patrick Bedard(an editor) asked an expert that worked for an oil company, I think it was Castrol, about the frequency of oil changes. The oil expert basically said to follow your owner's manual. Since I don't drive in severe conditions, an oil change every 7500 is applicable to my car. I highly doubt Honda would suggest something that would damage your vehicle and their reputation, after all, It's Honda we're talking about. btw, I think the newer BMW's don't require an oil change until after 15,000 miles!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.