Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which tires are you guys buying lately - we drive under 5k in a year?

Someone said that 185/60 is more efficient than the factory and I tried it - don't like them - but a pair is new due to damage and other pair is almost worn. Will be getting 195/55 but unsure about the newer 185/60 pair.

Also at this age, the suspension has seen enough and worn a bit. This is prob major issue if you were to put your hands on it. There are many related parts. Likely very expensive to properly do it - I cannot do this myself.

·
Administrator
4,311 Posts
For tire size specifically, unless you're looking for added performance due to drag racing, track, etc....the best advice is to stick with the recommended OEM tire size. Going to a smaller profile such as a 185/60 will have an impact on traction, and overall handling.

For suspension, I didn't see an actual question above. Are you asking what should be replaced? What components specifically are you seeing worn on your vehicle?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For tire size specifically, unless you're looking for added performance due to drag racing, track, etc....the best advice is to stick with the recommended OEM tire size. Going to a smaller profile such as a 185/60 will have an impact on traction, and overall handling.

For suspension, I didn't see an actual question above. Are you asking what should be replaced? What components specifically are you seeing worn on your vehicle?
Sure 195/60 - are there specific product everyone is going for, brand etc given the age of this car? Its a family car and not raced. Automatic Tranny.

Suspension: Wondering options for potential replacement - what would cost to replace to OEM level?

·
Administrator
4,311 Posts
Brands of tires are going to vary. My recommendation would be to go on tire website (tirerack.com for example) and take a look at reviews for that tire size.

Suspension - Cost is going to vary widely. It really depends on what specific components you're going to replace. There's a lot. You ultimately need to decide which components you're going to replace (or need to replace), then start researching those specific components on auto parts websites.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts