Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 94-97 mechanism bolt in and work in a 98-01 hatch? I'd like to swap that if possible if not I'll buy another solenoid and do it remotely.

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
Will the 94-97 mechanism bolt in and work in a 98-01 hatch? I'd like to swap that if possible if not I'll buy another solenoid and do it remotely.
Why are you having to utilize the key to open the hatch? Is the electric latch within the trunk handle of the rear of the vehicle not working the electric solenoid?

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
Ultimately, replacing the trunk solenoid would fix your problem. If you want to go through the cost and time of installing the latch & cable mechanism from a 94-97 model, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Electric hatch switch swap???

I just bought a 95 GSR that has a mechanical-only hatch release... can I replace it with an electric switch that I can use with original key fob? The original key fobs that I have - have an ‘option’ button in the middle that does nothing right now. (I’m hoping this can be programmed to be used to open an electric hatch release switch...) I’m sure this question has been posted many times on here, but I can’t locate a link to one...
Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,583 Posts
I just bought a 95 GSR that has a mechanical-only hatch release... can I replace it with an electric switch that I can use with original key fob? The original key fobs that I have - have an ‘option’ button in the middle that does nothing right now. (I’m hoping this can be programmed to be used to open an electric hatch release switch...) I’m sure this question has been posted many times on here, but I can’t locate a link to one...
Thanks!
Just add an electric solenoid (they're pretty cheap) to the existing mechanism of the trunk release.

Don't expect the trunk hatch to lift when the solenoid is added, however. Because of the weight of our hatches, the solenoid will only un-latch the trunk. You're still going to have to physically lift the hatch.

As far as utilizing the "Option" button on our key fobs. I don't know of a way of programming this. Frankly, I'd go as far as saying that it's not possible.

These key fobs were manufactured to be utilized across a lot of Honda models during this time period, which used this specific button, for the sake of mass production, instead of having to create and design key fobs for every specific model.

Now if you ever decide to add an aftermarket alarm system, you could use one of the outputs to control your added electric trunk solenoid. However, like I stated above, your hatch won't physically lift.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
jjkz24
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing