Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97' teg is eating tires. I have eibach pro kit/tokico hp with adjustable lower control arms. Burned up a set of fusion tires in less than 10k miles due to alignment problems. Have a new set of kumho spt's and seem to be eating these tires as well. The car just had an alignment when the new tires were put on 600 miles ago. What else might be going on with my suspension to be chewing up tires? I'm taking it back to my tire shop to check the alignment again and to have them look at the suspension. Any help is appreciated...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Do you have the alignment sheet that shows you the before and after alignment readings? This would help alot.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
How far is the drop? ..

... Could definately be camber issues. Do you have a camber kit?

EDIT: I see we all answered at the same time :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No camber kit. I will get the spec alignment numbers when i take it to the shop this week. The pro kit only dropped it about 1.5 ". It was a camber issue originally, that's why I put the adjustable control arms on so I could get it back to specs. Not sure if it's some how not able to stay aligned...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yeah spec ws' would be great. until then, we could really speculate.. =p

~P2P

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
kennym97 on Feb/13/06 said:
No camber kit. I will get the spec alignment numbers when i take it to the shop this week. The pro kit only dropped it about 1.5 ". It was a camber issue originally, that's why I put the adjustable control arms on so I could get it back to specs. Not sure if it's some how not able to stay aligned...

When you lower an Integra, the suspension geometry will give you 2 things: More negative camber and more toe out in the front.

Toe out is what really burns your tires, and the increased negative camber emphasizes where the wear will show up most- the inside edge of your tread will be gone in no time.

Even if you correct your camber with a kit, you will still see pronounced wear on the inside edges with toe out.

So unless the toe situation is corrected, you will wear out your tires at an accellerated rate.

There are other variables that also factor in on tire wear such as the shocks, bushings, bearings, bent suspension and steering components...

We need the alignment spec sheet with a before and after reading. Having the before and after readings can give you an indication if something's bent or excessively worn by gauging the amount of correction needed to bring the car back to spec, specifically the amount of adjustment required from left to right.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the tire wear wasn't as bad as I suspected. Some slight wear due to under inflation otherwise O.K. Alignment measurements are:
camber: -0.5
caster: +2.75
toe:1/32"
Guess I'm a little paranoid after burning up a set of Fusion tires that I had on the car previously. Thanks for the quick reply's...

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
your toe, (Integra's tend to have a slight hint of toe-out) needs to be 0'ed out over that measurement.. ''if the toe setting is just 1/32-inch off of its appropriate setting, each tire on that axle will scrub almost 3 1/2 feet sideways every mile, therefore reducing tire life.'' so... yeah, 1/32in = 0.03in = 0.762mm.. according to this site, it should be 0 for the FR-end.

dude, please tell me you're kidding about your caster.. according to this site, it says your caster should be @ 1°10’ (F) (or if I'm good in my head, that is just 1.167° + for the front.

A good alignment shop would give you a spec's ws' like this..

as you can tell, it has the factory spec's (noted as min & max) and its 1° -/+ allowance.. tell me, what is wrong with this picture...?

please tell me that your caster was a typo.. (you're like half a degree higher than tolerance range..)

~P2P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.