Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just making sure everybody knows that we have a tire size calculator on the site, programmed by eufo. I've been seeing alot of tire sizing questions and people linking them to various other places to try and figure it out when we have it all right here (was there ever any doubt?)

Tire Size Calculator article

For the more advanced, you can use our gear ratio calculator article (also includes tire size) to find out what artificial final drive ratio you are giving yourself by getting tires with a different diameter than stock. The final drive ratio affects torque multiplication and changes how much torque the motor gets to the ground. So you can see what final drive ratio you get and how much power you are losing (or gaining) by getting different diameter tires.

Gear Ratio Calculator article

·
Registered
42 Posts
Surfer X, you are the man! I will soon take your advice and install H&R OE springs, Tokico HP struts and some gummy Yokos or Bridges. Rave on!

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks for the calculator...

quick question though -205 / 60 R 15 s on stock rims... Are those tires wayyyy to big ? or will they be okay on my car?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bigger tires means more weight as wheel as loss of whell torque by artifically decreasing the final drive ratio. In my opinion there's enough very well performing tires in the proper sizes to not have to take the power losses in the search for better traction. You should already be able to get that better traction with the tires available in the correct size.

BTW we've had these on the site for over a year or two, so it's not like something new we added, just something I think has been overlooked. Member eufo, previously known as swiftllamagone for those of you who've been here a long time is "the man" because he is the one who programmed them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
funny you should post this, there is a performance shop in town, the shops race car is a teg and i showed them those calculation tables, they spent a few days researching the problem and they solved it in 5 minutes with the table (gear ratio) i am trying to get them to donate some money to the site or hook us up with a sponsorship discount of some kind.

·
Registered
365 Posts
i dont understand why a 205/40/17 is exactly the same as the stock 195/55/15. i was told if i got bigger wheels, i would definitly be slower.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That depends on the weight of the wheel. But as far as total tire diameter is concerned, it will be exactly the same as stock. That's the idea of plus sizing and lower profile tires, to keep the same tire diameter as stock. You don't want to get larger diameter tires, because then you will definitely go slower, and smaller diameter tires have lower load capacities and not be as safe to use on the car.

·
Registered
365 Posts
how do you find he actual aspect ratio of the tire? (40 or 55)?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think I understand the question, but all tire information is printed on the sidewall of the tire. All information about what the aspect ratio means and such is in the tire calculator article.

·
Registered
27 Posts
are 205-45-16 the best size for 16" wheels. this size is the closest to stock rite? i'm on H&R sports with stock shocks. how would that look?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
This is interesting. I have 17's but compared to stock tire size, the calculator says that my speedo mph are exacty the same as my actual mph.

Dammit, I was hoping to use that as an excuse if I ever got pulled over. Eh, I can still use it. Muahahaha.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a general guideline for all G1, G2, and G3 teggys:

Recommended sizes

14" - 195/60/14
15" - 195/55/15 & 205/50/15
16" - 205/45/16
17" - 205/40/17
18" - 215/35/18

·
Registered
305 Posts
wow, i like the gear ratio article. but i love my high revving b16. its nice going 100mph in 3rd.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts