Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 95 GSR with 17 inch rims and i dont know if my tire pressure got low or what but the whole inside of my tire was worn to the wire due to it rubbing up against my fenderwell. was it my suspencion or low air pressure? Oh and by the way, i know it will scrape the plastic every now and then but it actually went thru the plastic and rubbed the metal inside the plastic cover....

·
Super Moderator
14,179 Posts
Inside?? do you mean the center of the tire tread??

I cant imagine it would rub on the well unless you are lowered really low. How low are you dropped??

normally just tires just worn on the center of the tread(if thatas what you mean) are OVER inflated.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw i had plenty of tread left on the center this was on the inside edge of the tire, closest to my motor, and between the rim and the top of the tire it was worm all the way down to the wire, i am lowered about 1.5 inches in the front and 1.25 in the back

·
Registered
172 Posts
my tires rub too, but only when i make hard turns. i thought that it was just inevitable that tires would rub sometimes, knowing that the tire's dimensions aren't stock.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just got some 17x7.5 (45mm offset) rota's with 215/45/17's and my car is lowered about 1.5 .. I hope mine won't rub like that ...

·
Registered
137 Posts
IntegraBad18c on Aug/14/02 said:
Is that you Cybernutz? Are you back?
Man, even with a DSM, I can't leave this forum, haha. I drop in every now and then.

But just from personal experience, I bought 17" rims with 215/40 tires, rubbed like crazy. Switched to 205/40 tires, no rub.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
i've got 17's with 205's and i'm dropped like 2-2.5" or so and i'm not rubbing. hmm... i'd investigate that some dude

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same problem. Blew two perfectly tires in a year. I raised my car about .25 inches and installed a camber kit. NO tire wear at all, highly recommended.

·
Registered
1 Posts
you can try to roll out your fenders... I can't quite remember how it works but it involves rolling a baseball bat between your tire an the inside of your wheel well... you may want to find out about that... that or get an alignment may work too
Loki

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the same problem with my pro-kits, only on my rear left tire tho when I make hard turns or hit a weird bump. Still havent figured it out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The tire size may have something to do with it. 215's may be just wide enough to rub. Or maybe you need a harder compound tire that won't flex as much.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I bet it the alignment that wore out your tires. If it was rubbing that bad all the time you would smell burning rubber smell while driving. I have 18x7.5 +42 offset with 215/35's lowered 2.5" and only rub when turned all the way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts