Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday I posted about some strange sound being emitted from my rear wheel and one suggestion was a bad wheel baring........However today I decided to inspect the tire more thoroughly and I found a bolt(with a washer on it) in my tire! So I went down to the local Speedy to get it patched up and I was surprised to find out that they can't patch up the v rated tires(stock michelins) on my car, meaning that I have to purchase a new tire. So the guy checks the price for one of the tires and yells 'Holy sh*t!' - the price was $200 for one tire, plus tax and installation it came to like $250. Now having read many complaints about the stock tires on the integra I started thinking whether I should just replace the michellins with something of beter quality. So my question is what would you guys do in my predicament? I don't have a whole lot of money to fork out on new tires (university student). Also is it possible to just switch 2 of the four tires?- that is until I get enough cash to change all of them - put the better, new tires on the front wheels so I dont squeal them everytime I launch above 2000rpm hehe (as with the michelins)

Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
thats bs, I've had my stock tires patched before

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Get a 2nd opinion from another tire place.

I'd hate to fork out that money for one more of the worst tires ever.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Most likely they couldn't plug it. Find a place that will remove the tire and patch it from the inside if repairable. If the tire has tread, and the hole is not in the sidewall, it should be able to be patched.

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
well.....that could be,the guys who did it were dirty hicks, seriously they had this kid there that was black from all the dirt he was covered in, but I was desperate, it was 10pm on labor day nobody else was open

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
knavekid - yeah you are right, he said he can't plug it - I just assumed that plug/patch meant the same thing. So you guys think its still fixable - just cant be plugged?

thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts